Colesterol Conditioner? your thoughts?

brazilianbarbiebrazilianbarbie Posts: 6Registered Users
I heard some good things about Le Kair colesterol Conditioner from some youtubers.

I went to pick up some new hair products today and I saw they had it. Not sure if it was the same brand. It was $22. Just wondering if anybody knows if the colesterol conditoners are a good product and worth the money?
I'm really clueless when it comes to a great conditoner.
Any suggestions
Recently becoming a product junkie. Trying everything to tame my Brazilian/Ukrainian hair.
*Current loves - Mixed Chicks Leave in, Giovanni direct leave in & Moroccan oil intense curl cream
:angel1:

Comments

• MarllonMarllon Posts: 104Registered Users
    Hair cholesterol is meant to repair and put back moisture into dehydrated, damaged hair. It's great for those who have chemically processed hair. I wouldn't suggest using this frequently if your hair is unprocessed, since it's too intense on virgin hair. If your hair is unprocessed, then it would be a better idea to use it every ten weeks or so, but I think you can use it every four weeks if your hair is processed.
    3a/3b
    Unsure about density
    Confused about porosity

Co-wash/condition: Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner

Styling product: Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl-Boosting Mousse
  • mymi7887mymi7887 Posts: 24Registered Users
    It should not be that expensive. $22?! I'm not sure where you should look to buy it but I'm sure one of the ladies on the 4a forum could help. I buy it at home for $5 tops. Got it in the UK for about 2.99 GBP. If you can shop online I think Sallys has it for about $2.09.
    For me, the results are better when I put a cap on and sit under a dryer with the conditioner on for about 10 mins. Leaving it on by itself usually leaves my hair feeling icky.
  • strawberryangel83strawberryangel83 Posts: 92Registered Users
    yea mine is only 4 bucks. Idk what da heck you got
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    Marllon wrote: »
    Hair cholesterol is meant to repair and put back moisture into dehydrated, damaged hair. It's great for those who have chemically processed hair. .
    I wouldn't suggest using this frequently if your hair is unprocessed, since it's too intense on virgin hair. If your hair is unprocessed, then it would be a better idea to use it every ten weeks or so, but I think you can use it every four weeks if your hair is processed

this is not true. whoever told you that lied to you, and if you still talk to them you need to tell them as much.

i used lekair at least once a month when i lived in georgia. in arizona, i use queen helene's cholesterol every week. if your hair needs protein and strengthening, then you use it as often as necessary. it's more of a moisturizing conditioner than a protein conditioner.

and no, it shouldn't cost $22 unless you're buying a gallon. a 16 oz tub should be no more than $6. i bought a 5 lb tub of queen helene from sally's for $10 on sale and with my sally's member discount.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • april-epiphanyapril-epiphany Posts: 345Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dark and lovely Dry Hair Healer Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment has shea butter and to me it's better than the mango cholesterol condish. the beauty supply i go to has all kinds of cholesterol conditioners tea tree, oat and honey, and so many more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return-Frida Kahlo
  • VainityVainity Posts: 110Registered Users
    I've never used Lekair; however I have used the Queen Helene brand in the past. I stopped using it when I started exploring my natural texture for two reasons -
    1. I didn't like how it made my natural hair feel
    2. It has SLS in it. Check out the ingredients.
    That being said, you should not be paying more than $6 for a jar - depending on the size. I liked it for my relaxed hair, but it just didn't work for my natural texture. If you can afford it, give it a try. It's all about what works best for your hair.
    Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
    BC: May 27, 2009
    My Picasa Album
  • MarllonMarllon Posts: 104Registered Users
    curlymami wrote: »
    Marllon wrote: »
    Hair cholesterol is meant to repair and put back moisture into dehydrated, damaged hair. It's great for those who have chemically processed hair. .
    I wouldn't suggest using this frequently if your hair is unprocessed, since it's too intense on virgin hair. If your hair is unprocessed, then it would be a better idea to use it every ten weeks or so, but I think you can use it every four weeks if your hair is processed

this is not true. whoever told you that lied to you, and if you still talk to them you need to tell them as much.

i used lekair at least once a month when i lived in georgia. in arizona, i use queen helene's cholesterol every week. if your hair needs protein and strengthening, then you use it as often as necessary. it's more of a moisturizing conditioner than a protein conditioner.

and no, it shouldn't cost $22 unless you're buying a gallon. a 16 oz tub should be no more than $6. i bought a 5 lb tub of queen helene from sally's for $10 on sale and with my sally's member discount.

My bad, then. I thought cholesterol was like protein, and that too much of it could lead to a reverse effect, and by that I mean breakage. Thanks for the correction, though.
    3a/3b
    Unsure about density
    Confused about porosity

Co-wash/condition: Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner

Styling product: Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl-Boosting Mousse
  • Nichole23Nichole23 Posts: 57Registered Users
    I use Hollywood Beauty's Olive Oil cholesterol and it has the best ingredients of all the cholesterol products I have seen. I really like it, it is VERY moisturizing and the price is so cheap. It's less than $5 per jar and last a while.

This has some protein in it, but overall I would consider it a moisturizing conditioner.
    2a7y32g.jpg

Natural | BC: Sept 4th, 2009 | Curl Type: 3c
    Fine | Low Porosity
  • Sapphire_ChicSapphire_Chic Posts: 189Registered Users
    i saw a la keir cholesterol in the hair shop and picked it up because of this thread...the first ingredient was mineral oil so i put it back down. i picked up some lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol..takin about they dont sell it, always best to look yourself.
    i used to use some kind of cholesterol type conditioner by organics and it used to give me crazy slip but then it just stopped doing that, it was just thick and non slippery, i dont know if they changed the ingredients :s
    Henna and shea butter. Next to try are shampoos bars (still <3 baking soda)
    Fotki personal 'NO centre parting for the rest of the year' challenge

event.png

weight.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file