Van Helsing hair?

DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
Hi curlies and wavies :)

I have weird hair..some days it looks 3a or even 3b, some days (mostly, and actually right now) 2b/2c...and some days it loves my homemade FSG and some days hates it...anyway...

I LOVE Kate Beckinsale's hair in the movie Van Helsing, can anyone give me tips to get my waves/slight curls that defined and beautiful?

Thank you so much :cheers:

PIC:http://www.webcamshots.nl/galleries/Kate%20Beckinsale/Kate%20Beckinsale%2015.JPG
:king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I don't get as consistent a curl as hers (hers is all 2C) but mine look most like hers and that defined when I load up on CK.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that picture is likely a roller set, not natural, but:

I get more separated waves like that when I plop overnight (my hair does not dry overnight). My waves are 'tighter' than that pic though.

My friend L had hair that looked a lot like that pic though, and she said she just took chunks of hair and wrapped them around her finger, all over her head, wrapping and letting go, and then went to bed and when she woke up it looked like that. It always confused me, LOL, 'cause I thought 'why in the world would the hair stay where she put it without rollers or anything?' but I think all it did was create the clumps and her hair curled itself later as she slept.

So if your curls are about that size, it's worth a try...
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    Good thread. How can we duplicate some of the lovely pictures we see of others. Well to start with, know your hair is just as beautiful. This picture, along with great hair, has a great outfit and a great background. So if you are looking at yourself in your relaxed fit shorts, and old t, in the mirror, you might not see as much virtuoso as in the picture. however, along with all that, she looks ready for a ballroom dance with her makeup done so properly. Stunning to say the least.

She looks wonderful, Iam so happy for her. But considering everyone else here as well, and how can we acheive such definition in our hair. She may have some lowlights in there, to accentuate the flow of the waves. You can diffuse your strands with a good gel, and a clumping styler, this picture has got the clumps, or as amyloplast calls them, the chunky curls. Refer here for Heath0kays good diffusing technique.http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=75965
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    I get that by using flax seed gel, then HESMU on top of that, then a ton of CK on top of that, and diffusing. :D Works like a charm. Ahhh, I love it when my hair does that. :glasses1:
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

finch wrote: »
    I get that by using flax seed gel, then HESMU on top of that, then a ton of CK on top of that, and diffusing. :D Works like a charm. Ahhh, I love it when my hair does that. :glasses1:

Interesting application method. I always put CK as my base layer. I'll have to try this out sometime.

• DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    Any techniques? :)
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

• finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    finch wrote: »

Interesting application method. I always put CK as my base layer. I'll have to try this out sometime.
    Yeah, I used to do it as my base layer all the time too, but never got really good results. I decided to put it on last on a whim one day, and it was hair magic.

The product application method I use is mysteryflavored's method (somebody help me with a link?), and I do a modified pixiecurl diffusing method. :)
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    Can I use LOOB instead of CK? Everything except glycerin in CK is also in LOOB, and I cannot really buy anything new right now. I'm thinking of adding a tiny bit of glycerin to my half-empty tub of LOOB, what do you ladies think?

LOOB isn't anything like CK. You've be better off getting KY lotion (the personal lube).

ETA: If you have glycerin, you could use that instead of LOOB. I haven't tried it personally but I've seen others that have.

• arkieokiearkieokie Posts: 79Registered Users
    I suspect some extensions or hair pieces were used in the making of that picture.

Professionals have too many unfair advantages so I refuse to compare myself to their results :tongue10:

(but I agree it is gorgeous hair)
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    arkieokie wrote: »
    I suspect some extensions or hair pieces were used in the making of that picture.

Professionals have too many unfair advantages so I refuse to compare myself to their results :tongue10:

(but I agree it is gorgeous hair)

I agree. Extensions/wig and curling irons. but still awesome hair and I'm very envious of anyone that can get their hair like that naturally!
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file