CurlTalk

Paying 100 Bucks for a haircut ? RIDICULOUS !!!

natnat914natnat914 Posts: 11Registered Users
Ive been browsing through the threads and my jaw drops more and more , ok i can let go for 50 bucks but 100 And up ? C'mon lets be realistic ... The people that HAVE the money , hey its your money do w.e u want with it , but i bet you half the people on here , aren't willing or on budget to be paying 100 bucks for a haircut , i get my ends trimmed for 8 bucks ! And a full hair cut in different styles for nomore than 25 bucks , And trust me ive been to pricy high end hair salons , and the hair salons tht charge me 25 bucks , do a wayyyy BETTER job , especially on curly hair ! I hope im not alone on this one
NatNat ; 3C !:laughing2:

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    A lot of people who get those cuts aren't doing them that frequently, maybe a couple times a year. If one has shorter hair and gets trims every 6-8 weeks at $30-40 a pop, it probably comes out pretty much the same.

Myself, I cut my own hair these days. I'm too poor for anything more than that right now, sadly.

The most I've ever paid was about $180 for a devacut and pintura color, including tip. The cut was, I think, about $60 of that. [Here in Mpls rates are cheaper.]

*sigh* I would love to get a devacut and pintura highlighting done right about now. That would be divine.

As to whether one can get a good curly cut for $25? Eh, it's never happened to me, I can tell you that. If I cannot afford a curly cut by a trained stylist who knows their stuff, I'll just do it myself.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Yeah, if you're only getting a cut twice a year it really isn't that much. Also, you have to take into account that salaries and the cost of living vary tremendously throughout the country. Here in NYC, we tend to make more money but services also cost more. If I was a student I would balk at the cost, but as an adult professional, $100 wouldn't be a ton of money to drop on a good cut (even though I prefer to pay a little less!).

And, like wild~hair, $25 cuts have only left me with mangled hair. lol

ETA: I just saw in another thread that you're from Queens... well, consider yourself lucky! I've tried a lot of the cheaper places and for me it always ended in tears (figuratively speaking!)...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • abbyknitzabbyknitz Posts: 1Registered Users
    If you think about the fact that you "wear" your hair every day, the cost of a good haircut might seem more reasonable to you. Think about what you pay for clothing and how many "wears per dollar" you get. You might pay $100 for a pair of jeans and wear them once a week or every two weeks; or you might pay $30 for a pair and wear them every day.

If you've paid $100 for a haircut that lasts you even only two months, that is still only $1.66 per day of wear.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    wild~hair wrote: »
    As to whether one can get a good curly cut for $25? Eh, it's never happened to me, I can tell you that. If I cannot afford a curly cut by a trained stylist who knows their stuff, I'll just do it myself.

It is possible, but hard to find. I recently found a local stylist that gives me a great cut for under $30. I've also had a few deva cuts that ran me between $60-90. This cheaper stylist gives the same great results. I got lucky! :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • RozettaStoneRozettaStone Posts: 695Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I recently found a local stylist that gives me a great cut for under $30. I've also had a few deva cuts that ran me between $60-90. This cheaper stylist gives the same great results. I got lucky! :D

I'm a-thinkin' that I'd travel a fur piece for one o' them there danged $30 haircuts, missy!
    2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
    Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
    Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
    Seal with camellia oil
    Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
    Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
    Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
    Homemade food-based DTs
    RC color
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Yeah no kidding curlilocks you hit the jackpot....Every time I've gone for a "cheap" cut I end up miserable. I just suck it up now and go every 3-4 mos. I'm not paying $100 but I probably still would!! What I dread is when the grey starts coming and I'll have to color...THAT won't be cheap :sad3:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    High prices are how I ended up with such long hair, LOL. My hairdresser's prices had crept up from 30 to 40 to 50 to 75, I ended up going someplace else but the lady was Not Good With Curls and so I only trusted her to do a bob so just whacked it and let it go for a few years.

I think my compromise now is 75 is OK but no more than twice a year at most. I do not want to rip off the stylist; last haircut took about 2 hours so 75+tip still only about $40/hour, and you know they have to pay taxes, rent, etc. out of that, it's not all profit.

I do not do salon color, my hair is long and thick and I don't want anything spectacular enough to justify paying what it would cost.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • mishka267mishka267 Posts: 162Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I spend $85 plus tip. But I only get my hair cut 3 times a year, tops. When I was spending 30-40 bucks I was going much more frequently, not because it was shorter, but because the cuts didn't grow out as well.

I'll gladly pay more for a cut if it lasts a long time and makes me feel really good about myself.
    3A, with some 2A underneath
    Currently using: Deva Low Poo, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jessicurl Confident Coils, Biolage Gelee.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmishka267%2Fmy-messy-mop%2F" class="Popup

PC05.jpg
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    I spend more on parts of my body that I find problematic - like my hair - and less on parts that look good with little attention - like my lips that have lots of color even without any lipstick.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • astromomastromom Posts: 36Registered Users
    A lot of people who get those cuts aren't doing them that frequently, maybe a couple times a year. If one has shorter hair and gets trims every 6-8 weeks at $30-40 a pop, it probably comes out pretty much the same.

Myself, I cut my own hair these days. I'm too poor for anything more than that right now, sadly.

The most I've ever paid was about $180 for a devacut and pintura color, including tip. The cut was, I think, about $60 of that. [Here in Mpls rates are cheaper.]

*sigh* I would love to get a devacut and pintura highlighting done right about now. That would be divine.

I'm in the Rochester, MN area - I would have no problem traveling to the Twin Cities for a trim with a stylist who knows curly hair. Are there any you've used and are they Deva certified or at least understand their theory?
    Thanks
    CG since July 2009

fine texture, medium porosity, high density

cowash: Curl Junkie (CJ) Cleansing Conditioner
    DT: CJ Curl Rehab / PT: CJ Repair Me
    rinse out: Aubrey Organics GPB, CJ Argan & Olive Oil Conditioner or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
    leave in: CJ CCCC Lite + CJ Curl Fix Intense Hair Treatment
    stylers: CJ Aloe Fix Gel Lite then CJ Curl Queen Gel OR Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme, then Curls in a Botttle

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,095Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    it depends on what city you live in, what the cost of living is.
    also, you need to look at ANNUAL cost for haircuts -- usually the expensive cuts last 4 to 6 months, so you are getting 2 or 3 haircuts a year.
    then do an ANNUAL cost for cheaper haircuts where you go every 4 to 6 weeks.......
    when i do this with my friends, turns out i pay a lot less per year than they do.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    astromom wrote: »

I'm in the Rochester, MN area - I would have no problem traveling to the Twin Cities for a trim with a stylist who knows curly hair. Are there any you've used and are they Deva certified or at least understand their theory?
    Thanks

That's easy — you should go to East 42nd Street Salon. Ask for Carolyn Long, she's Deva-trained.

There are other Deva-trained stylists at that salon, but she's the one I know and can recommend.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    rbb wrote: »
    it depends on what city you live in, what the cost of living is.
    also, you need to look at ANNUAL cost for haircuts -- usually the expensive cuts last 4 to 6 months, so you are getting 2 or 3 haircuts a year.
    then do an ANNUAL cost for cheaper haircuts where you go every 4 to 6 weeks.......
    when i do this with my friends, turns out i pay a lot less per year than they do.

Exactly - I am getting my hair 3 times a year tops! But to be honest - I do not really care what others pay - that is their choice and who am I to judge how they spend their $. I have paid more than I am paying now and I have paid less. It's all about what you personally feel comfortable doing.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    astromom wrote: »

Thanks

That's easy — you should go to East 42nd Street Salon. Ask for Carolyn Long, she's Deva-trained.

There are other Deva-trained stylists at that salon, but she's the one I know and can recommend.

I don't think Carolyn is there anymore. But Teresa cuts my hair and always does a great job. She's not very outgoing or chatty, but I love how she cuts my hair. BTW, I'm from Des Moines and drive four hours each way to see her if that says anything. :) I'm pretty sure a cut with her is $65.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • threegracesthreegraces Posts: 17Registered Users
    I just made an appointment with Carolyn at East 42nd for next Saturday so I think she's still there. I have been to Teresa twice and I think she's ok, better than any haircut I've had, but she struggles a little with styling so I thought I would try Carolyn instead.

I drive 2 hours, but now I'm afraid to try anywhere else.

I agree with the PPs who have said that an expensive haircut lasts longer. I only get my hair cut 3 times/year so I'm willing to part with the $65.
  • curlybeautycurlybeauty Posts: 81Registered Users
    I only get my hair cut three times a year, tops. I actually want to go to the Devachan salon up in NYC this summer to get my hair cut there. I know it's expensive and a two-hour trip but I feel it's worth it instead of spending $30 every two months.

• AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users
    I'd rather pay more and get a decent hair cut any day. Those girls at SuperCuts doing $11 hair cuts are there for a reason. Either they just got out of beauty school and don't have much experience or they've been doing hair for a while and still aren't very good at it. They take walk-ins all day because they don't have many repeat clients - which speaks volumes.
    That being said, just because you pay more doesn't guarantee your cut will turn out fabulous (my last cut was a prime example of that), but IMHO it does raise the odds in your favor. If somebody charges a lot and is consistently busy with lots of repeat clients, then they're probably worth it.
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• threegracesthreegraces Posts: 17Registered Users
    Carolyn Long is definitely still at E 42nd and frankly, I liked her so much more than when I saw Teresa. She gave a ton of fantastic advice and since she's a curly with 3a hair like mine, she really understands. I love her, and will definitely go back to her. She charges $65 and rents a chair so only takes checks or cash.

She has a blog /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftheccurve.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

I'm so happy I gave her a try!
  • crystal tipscrystal tips Posts: 240Registered Users
    Hi everyone

Just thought I'd chip in about prices - I live in London and I pay £200 for a trim/highlights and colour every three months and that is mid-price! On top of that I have to go in between for a root semi-colour so that's another £45 - all plus tip! Extortion! lol - and believe you me I don't WANT to pay that much but that is what it costs here - plus - our product costs are high too - so all in all v v expensive to have hair in the UK - probably why my husband shaves his off! LOL :mrgreen:
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F41240927%40N03%2F" class="Popup
  • CurlyLoloCurlyLolo Posts: 81Registered Users
    Accolades Salon Spa

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.accoladessalonspa.com%2F" class="Popup

Ask for Johnnie :icescream: he is amazing!! He just "gets" hair. there is always a curly or a wavy waiting for him!

He is the stylist who helped me grow out THE nightmare cut - i actually let someone use thinning shears on my head.. I know I know...but the results were SOOOOOOOOOO bad :angry7: i ended up cutting it down to about 2 inches. It had been past bra strap length when the epic nightmare began.

I am actually curious about East 42....and I have never had a Deva cut....

my hair
    IMAG0359.jpg
    Curly? Why yes, yes I Am:jocolor:
  • DarinaDarina Posts: 71Registered Users
    Meh I don't get the urge to criticize complete strangers' spending habits? Just because someone wouldn't spend $100 on a haircut doesn't make them any smarter than anyone else...Everyone is in a different situation financially & it all depends on individual priorities. Unless the OP has conducted an actual survey of bank accounts there is no way they can accurately claim that 50% of the people on here can't really afford a $100 haircut :cyclopsani:
    2a/b, coarse, high density
    no idea on porosity
    protein & oil-sensitive
    giving CG another go as of July 2009
    (previously on modified CG)

Current Experiment:
    Co-wash - Biolage Conditioning Balm, Suave Naturals Wild Cherry Blossom
    Rinse-out - Biolage Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Leave-in - Biolage Conditioning Balm, JCS Nourish & Shine
    Style - Deva Arc Angell, KCCC
    DT - condish/avg/honey mix, Ojon RHT

• CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
    After finally finding salons that specialize in curly hair I'm not willing to take the chance on going elsewhere and ending up with a bad haircut. Too traumatic and not worth it at this point in my life. I have never had a problem spending money on my hair as long as I'm getting a really great cut. I was paying $100.00 at a salon I went to for a long time, but I recently went someplace else to try a Diva cut. I LOVED it and the cost was $30.00 cheaper so I'm going to go to this new place from now on. The price isn't a factor for me - it's the type of cut I get and their knowledge about curly hair. Hair is something that's really hard to hide, and my hair defines who I am, so I like it to look good.
  • CalamityMCalamityM Posts: 540Registered Users
    CurlyLolo wrote: »
    Accolades Salon Spa

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.accoladessalonspa.com%2F" class="Popup

Ask for Johnnie :icescream: he is amazing!! He just "gets" hair. there is always a curly or a wavy waiting for him!

He is the stylist who helped me grow out THE nightmare cut - i actually let someone use thinning shears on my head.. I know I know...but the results were SOOOOOOOOOO bad :angry7: i ended up cutting it down to about 2 inches. It had been past bra strap length when the epic nightmare began.

I am actually curious about East 42....and I have never had a Deva cut....

my hair
    IMAG0359.jpg

Hey! My mom has hair similar to yours and she recently had a Deva cut. ( She used to go to a place that would thin it with tunneling and she really hated this.) I have honestly never seen her hair look so good before. They gave her an incredibly flattering hairstyle. My mouth was on the floor when she came home, so I rushed out and got a Diva cut also. LOVED it. Can't recommend them enough.
  • crystal tipscrystal tips Posts: 240Registered Users
    CalamityM wrote: »
    After finally finding salons that specialize in curly hair I'm not willing to take the chance on going elsewhere and ending up with a bad haircut. Too traumatic and not worth it at this point in my life. I have never had a problem spending money on my hair as long as I'm getting a really great cut. I was paying $100.00 at a salon I went to for a long time, but I recently went someplace else to try a Diva cut. I LOVED it and the cost was $30.00 cheaper so I'm going to go to this new place from now on. The price isn't a factor for me - it's the type of cut I get and their knowledge about curly hair. Hair is something that's really hard to hide, and my hair defines who I am, so I like it to look good.

CalamityM - your hair is FANTASTIC! Absolutely, totally bloody gorgeous!! My hair has a similar curl to yours - but is coloured/highlighted (I'm afraid it is necessary to cover the grey!!) so the curl definition is nowhere near as great as yours - and your hair looks to be in superb condition!

I am just about to start a CG routine so have a lot of experimenting to do but would love to hear about your routine. :compress:

BTW - totally agree with you about the importance of finding a stylist who can cut/colour/style curly hair - I live in London, UK so I know that I will have to pay more that someone living in the suburbs of the UK. I'm sure it is the same in the US - you pay more in the cities. Of course, cost is important but I think it is worth it to cut costs elsewhere in order to get a great cut (I have had so many bad cuts in my life and it is miserable!) The finishing, although great if they can do it correctly, is not so important - you can always re-do at home - but if you have a bad cut then you have to wait months or even years for things to sort themselves out - especially for curly hair - if they cut wrongly or too much it takes 4 times as long to grow out!!

Please post up your routine :happy11:
    UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
    Currently in my rotation:
    Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
    Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
    Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
    Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
    Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
    Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2F41240927%40N03%2F" class="Popup
  • CurlyLoloCurlyLolo Posts: 81Registered Users
    CalamityM

You make me tempted to shell out the $$ for a Deva cut!!!
    Curly? Why yes, yes I Am:jocolor:
  • orangeorange Posts: 176Registered Users
    i get my hair cut once or twice a year - $200 a bucks a year to look good for the other 363 days is nothing . . . i spend much more than that on the hair products. it's expensive, but very valuable. (the salon i was going to charged $55, but it was a drive. i'm going to try a closer one and pay $75 instead):afro:

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I found Jackie R at Imani Style in upstate South Carolina by accident. (She's just three doors down from my dentist!)

I was so desperate to get the relaxed ends cut off, that as long as it wasn't more than $50 for the cut alone, I didn't really care what she did with it.

Oh my gosh!!! She was wonderful! (For $50, I got a shampoo, deep condition, wash and style!) She took her time and was very careful measuring while cutting (semi-dry).

I found that it didn't matter how I wore my hair... afro :afro:, ironed straight:glasses10:or twists :geek: (how I normally wear it), it looked great!

I went again about 5 months later (only $35 this time), because the ends were getting a little frayed, but even then it was still pretty even.

SO WORTH THE $50! (OK, but that's really all I can afford, anyway...)

- 3C/4A Ringlets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fkurleeedna" class="Popup
  • Waves84Waves84 Posts: 64Registered Users
    Can anyone tell me how much a Junior stylist at Devachan in NYC costs? Whats the difference between junior and senior? - it's hard to get a feel for if it would be worth it to travel up there (i'm from raleigh, nc)
    2B - Just below BSL
    CG as of 7/11

Low Poo - GioSAS, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Shampoo, Alterna Caviar Shampoo
    Co-wash- Suave Coconut
    Rinse out - GioSAS codish, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Codish, Alterna Caviar Codish
    Currently auditioning the following products - BRHG, Ecostyler Argan Oil, SMSmoothie, Dep Sport Gel, LaBellaLotsofCurls, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Mask, LI & Potion, LOOB, Aussie Sydney Smooth....Just want frizz free waves w/ some curls...
  • LisaF1163LisaF1163 Posts: 1,079Registered Users
    If someone can spend over $100 on a cut, that doesn't make them right or wrong - that just makes them luckier than those who can't. :icon_smile:

Based on the reviews in this forum, I went twice to Carlos at Mario Diab, and LOVED him. The guy is truly magic, but he charges $140. Now, that's great if you have long hair that you don't need cut too often, or if you have hair that grows really slowly. And to be entirely fair about those prices, that's about the going rate in NYC - a woman's haircut at a good salon is going to run anywhere from $75 to $300, so Carlos' prices fall somewhere right in the middle. He's extremely talented, not overpriced for NYC, and worth the money.

However, my problems - after going to him twice - are that I wear my hair in a short bob, and that my hair grows like weeds. Although for most women, Carlos' cuts last about four months, but for me, they don't - I need my hair cut at the very least every other month. That's just because of my style and the fact that it grows so fast - it's absolutely no fault of Carlos'.

So I did find a wonderful woman at Robert Stuart Salon on 84th and Amsterdam - her name is Jenny, and although she doesn't do all the CG friendly stuff that Carlos does, she's simply awesome with curly hair, and she charges $55. I love Carlos to bits, and I'll miss him, but with as fast as my hair grows and with my keeping it short, I just can't pass up saving $85 on my hair.
    CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
    Hair Type - 3A.
    Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
    Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
    Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
    Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 295Registered Users
    LisaF1163 wrote: »
    If someone can spend over $100 on a cut, that doesn't make them right or wrong - that just makes them luckier than those who can't. :icon_smile:

Agreed! I've never paid more than $35, but I've also never had a haircut I absolutely love done by a hairstylist who absolutely knows how to cut curly hair. :crybaby:

That's actually a really great idea to pay more for a nicer cut, but get it cut only 3 times a year. One question though...aren't you supposed to get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks to prevent breakage?
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's