JFR (Just for Redheads) Mascara?

ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
Has anyone used these products? What do you think?

TIA

Comments

• MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    Yes! I use JFR's GingerRed Studio Mascara and I love it. The color looks very natural and it's not dry and clumpy. The little lash comb at the end is great if I accidentally apply a big glob of mascara lol. I do get raccoon eyes under my bottom eyelids at the end of the day but it wipes off easily with a tissue. I have oily skin so that doesn't help lol.

The Spice Supreme Definition Mascara is also very good. I think I liked the color better but it didn't seem to "lengthen" lashes as well as the Studio Mascara. Also, it's waterproof so it's not as easy to wash off.

In short, I highly recommend JFR mascara because it gave me better results than any other mascara I've tried. It provides great definition and color for lashes without looking unnatural or overdone.

http://www.justforredheads.com/jfrmasnat.html

http://www.justforredheads.com/spsudema.html
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Does it emphasize eyes as well as black mascara? I'm worried I'll look washed out.

TIA, Mint
  • KatiecurlKatiecurl Registered Users Posts: 236
    I haven't tried the mascara, but all of my lipstick is from JFR... I LOVE it and wouldn't use any other brand.
    2a/b. I love AOHR!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i use black mascara all the time.

and almost all my lipstick is from MAC!

JFR is WAY too expensive for what you're getting - jmho!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I use black mascara too. It helps my eyes stand out more against my paleness. Never really had trouble from a mascara stand point, just eyeliner. I have to be careful about going too dark or I look like I have a black eye. LOL!!!!!
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    MAC Teddy eye kohl!

trust me!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    The JFR is 9.99 or 11.99, depending (although there is a more expensive one for 20, but I don't like waterproof).
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    I read this title as "Just for Rednecks" and was really puzzled as to why anyone would be interested in a line like that. :laughing2:

I googled JFR cosmetics and discovered what it really is and then came back here and looked at the title again. DOH!
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Does it emphasize eyes as well as black mascara? I'm worried I'll look washed out.

TIA, Mint

Not really, but it does emphasize well without looking so fake. When I wore black mascara, I felt it emphasized my paleness even more due to the contrast. Sure, my eyes popped, but it screamed "look at me, I'm wearing LOTS of makeup!" even though I wouldn't wear anything with it. I do not look washed out with JFR at all.

I say give JFR a try (first determine your hair color according to the site then see which mascara description is right for you... I'm a cross between copper and strawberry blonde). If you don't like it, you have a zillion black mascaras to choose from. :iconbiggrin:

Would it help you at all if I posted a pic?
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Registered Users Posts: 4,858 Curl Neophyte
    sdc wrote: »
    I read this title as "Just for Rednecks" and was really puzzled as to why anyone would be interested in a line like that. :laughing2:

I googled JFR cosmetics and discovered what it really is and then came back here and looked at the title again. DOH!

:laughing3: :sign5: . . . . JMHO, but I think many redheads look better with brown or brown/black mascara than with either JFR or black. JFR just doesn't give most of them enough definition while black can look too harsh.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Yes, please.

Thank you.
    auntnett wrote: »

:laughing3: :sign5: . . . . JMHO, but I think many redheads look better with brown or brown/black mascara than with either JFR or black. JFR just doesn't give most of them enough definition while black can look too harsh.

Brown/black and brown always looked black on me no matter what I tried. The closest I got to a true brown was Suncoat Mascara and L'Oreal Featherlash. But that's just my experience. :scratch:
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Yes, please.

Thank you.

Okay, I made a fotki album. I hope it helps!
    Thank you! It did. :)

No, no ---- that would be a black eye and smeared lipstick after a "night on the town" (i.e., drinking outside on the hood of the car).
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Registered Users Posts: 442
    I did not care for it. I use Max Factor 2000 calorie in Dark Auburn and I love it, it defines without looking as harsh as black. Although I love black mascara when I go out on the town,lol. On me the JFR did not accentuate the lashes enough and I did look washed out.

I do love their nailpolish and makeup colors though.
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
    That's good to know, BCG. I'm going to look for that color. Is it hard to find?
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Registered Users Posts: 442
    Sorry Ninja. I was away for a little while. The only place I can find it in my small town is Walmart.

Walgreens used to carry Max Factor, but they rearranged the makeup and don't have it at mine anymore. I am not a Walmart fan, but am willing to go there to get my mascara because I love it.
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file