New here......Need some advice on my 2B Hair

futurehopefuturehope Posts: 40Registered Users
I have mostly wavy hair, not just a little wave, but tons of wave, there is some curl also.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on products and specifics on what to do with wavy slightly curly hair. (All natural, of course).

I think that protein is an issue for me also, makes my hair poofy.

I hate to spend tons of money on products and then find they do not work.

Any advice on anything would be appreciated.

My Hair--Color Treated Every 6-8 weeks, medium brown, very wavy slightly curly, NEVER GET TANGLES.

Thank You!!!
2B/2C - Fine - II / Modified CG / No Oil Routine
Color Treated - Shoulder Length, Layered, Poofy & Frizzy
Certified PJ because I am still looking for something that works!!!!!
Love CJ Deep Fix & Suave Coconut Condish

Comments

• cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    tell us what you need help with. Styling products? Styling techniques? How to make your wavy more curly or your curly more wavy? How to keep you from shaving the whole thing off and starting over.... :shock: oops, I'm projecting.... Anyway, what kind of advice are you looking for?
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
  • futurehopefuturehope Posts: 40Registered Users
    Hi!!

Thank you for replying to my post.

I am a 2B/2C, fine strands, lots of hai. It is shoulder length. I made the BIG mistake of cutting it, I think. I also have to color treat my hair becaue of the gray!!

I Never EVER have to use anything to de-tangle. When I comb my hair it is always very smooth.

I would like my hair to be a little more curly than wavy.
    What concerns me the most is control, but without that nasty old scrunch appearance. I have what I would call upside down V-shaped hair.
    My hair also lacks shine.

I have tried JessiCurl and Regis Olive Oil with no success. I am thinking that maybe my hair does not like too much oil. Who knows, just getting started here.

Just purchased Eluence (sp) Conditioner but have not had the chance to try it out yet.

And the whole protein thing have me baffled too.

I hope that this helps!!

Thanks so much!!
  • superrach3superrach3 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I have what I would call upside down V-shaped hair.

omg you read my mind :shock:

alrighty....have you tried cg? it didn't work for me but most people love it. sooo...pick up the curly girl book if you get a chance. also, try plopping. it's the best way to get some extra curl. and finally, for shine, try mixing honey into your conditioner.
    and that's pretty much it. good luck! :)
    shoulder length 2Cmii
    products: curl keeper, angell, redken fresh curls s&c

pw: "wavy" for NC, "i love u" for everything else

*avatar* adrian grenier is my hair idol, even though he's a guy.....hey, we're not sexist here!
  • futurehopefuturehope Posts: 40Registered Users
    So far, I haven't found anything I like!!

I have ordered the Curly Girl Book, A/G Recoil, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curly-Frizz-Pudding-p-376.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curly-frizz-pudding]Blended Beauty Curly Frizz Pudding[/buylink], and A Poo off here (but can't remember the name off the top of my head).

I think they will probably be here tomorrow or Thursday!! I hope!!

I have been hearing good things about the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]DevaCurl Angel[/buylink]l too. May give that a try. Or Abba.

And I will definately mix honey with conditioner. Already plumping with JessiCurl microfiber towel.

Thanks for the great ideas!! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file