CurlTalk

1000 Awesome Hair Things

CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
A site I really like is 1000 Awesome Things. Lo, it is awesome.

So the curly wheels started a-turnin', and I figured that since there are so.many.things. to like about our hair, why not start out own?

I dunno if we can actually make it to 1000, but we might as well try.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Comments

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    #1000 When you think your hair is gonna look like crap, but it ends up looking great.

You know, when you throw it up in a towel, add in only a little product, air dry, no effort AT ALL - and it looks great? frizz-free spirals, bounce and movement - who cares if you can never duplicate it?

It is still awesome.

• jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users
    #999. When people remember you by your "cool hair."
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fjillipoo.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    #998 - People pay big money to get their hair to like our's does...naturally!
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    #997- It's often said to add "personality" and liveliness.
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FQuirkyYogini%2F" class="Popup

• EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    996- the weirdest things can cause a good hair day- like a lice comb (for me)
    995- a shower every other day or every third day make for better hair- less work
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    #994 Being out and not caring if it starts to rain...who needs an umbrella!!lol

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • DeniocDenioc Posts: 36Registered Users
    #993 It's harder to see split ends with our hair than straight hair. (:
    Curls: 3a/3b
    #992 You can go longer between dye jobs because it's harder to see the roots.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Amen!!!
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • kayemmkay159kayemmkay159 Posts: 171Registered Users
    #991 even when you think your hair looks like a frizzy mess, people still compliment your curls!
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    #990...Well, I wanted to wait and post this as #1 but....

NC.com!:blob2::sunny:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    #990...Well, I wanted to wait and post this as #1 but....

NC.com!:blob2::sunny:
    lol that's what I was thinking :tongue3: Now we have to find a new number one. =]

#989 Hair ties don't FALL OUT just when you need them most. Imagine, if you will, your hair straightened, leaning over a bunsen burner, and the hair tie slips out at just the wrong moment.

not that it happened to me.

#987 It's so much easier to use hair sticks!

I barely have to do anything to get it to stay up with 1 stick.

#986 You can trim it yourself...and if it's not quite even...no one knows!

• l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users
    tinah wrote: »

Amen!!!

And Amen again! I can say its been over 9 months and people still ask me if I just got it done! lol
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
  • deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
    985. Curly hair equals sexiness. Who needs a little black dress when you have a headful of gorgeous curls?

984. Bedhead can make for a great hair day.

• l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users
    983. Working out is a breeze. You don't have to worry about sweating out your striaght tresses!! Bring on the burn!!!
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:
  • Cassandra.007Cassandra.007 Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm new here, but I have to put in 982...curly hair is totally unique! No one has the same exact curl, but straight all looks alike!
  • loewinloewin Posts: 246Registered Users
    #981 Curls are exotic. :happy9:
    Very basic hair wiki :sign9:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlyhairwiki.wetpaint.com%2F" class="Popup
    In depth wikis :sign9:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlyhair.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FMain_Page" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurltalk.net%3A8080%2Fweb%2Fguest%2Fwiki%3Bjsessionid%3D56628865A9EAD858B89DF7BC9CB6D285" class="Popup

2b/3a medium/coarse semi-porous/iii
    White Rain Ocean Mist GVP conditioning balm. Bioterra/LA Looks. Air dry. SOTC w/LOOB..I think its my first HG. :love1:
    Experimenting with homemade recipes.:happy5:
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    980. Curls are multi-talented. Curly one day, straight the next, slightly wavy another - and all can look equally good. :-)
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • etripolietripoli Posts: 119Registered Users
    #979 - When you meet a fellow curly, you automatically have someone to talk to!
    CG Since 5/23/09
    3a - High Porosity / Coarse Texture on Crown, Medium Texture Beneath
    CO Wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Cond.
    Condition: Salon Care Honey Almond Cond.
    Gel: Biotera gel
    DT: Honey, conditioner, EVOO(1x/wk)
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    #978--You can use it to hide your face and/or avoid eye contact with people when you need to. In my case, when patients at work are staring angrily at me because they've been waiting in the waiting room for too long, I just shake my hair forward a little and go on with my work!

:thumbleft:
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    #977--Oh! And it shades your ears from the sun!
  • shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    #976 awesome thing about hair...Its better than the alternative!;)
    I would not look AT ALL sexy bald, lol!
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • curlygurneycurlygurney Posts: 116Registered Users
    #975 - no having to spend 30-40 minutes with a hairdryer and a round brush trying to smoothe it....scrunch and go. I love it.
    Hair Type: 3b with a little 3a mixed in
    Stylist: Annah at Phia Salon in Columbus, OH
    Shampoo: I rarely use but when I do it is Abba True Shine
    Conditioner: ABBA Creme Masque
    Leave in: A dime size of ABBA Creme Masque
    Style product fall/winter: Two squirts of Jesse Curl Confidient Coils and one two finger scoop of pink boots
    Style product spring/summer: KCCC and CK
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlygurney%2F" class="Popup
    password: easy123
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    #974 - playing with curly hair products is more fun than playing with straight hair products.

#973 - the satisfaction of saying "No, really, it just does that."
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    #973 - the satisfaction of saying "No, really, it just does that."
    Been there done that LOL

#972 - Every curl is different and does its own thing and is unique, but straight hair just follows the crowd.

#971 - Your curls understand if you have huge ears, you don't NEED to show them off ;)
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    970. 'Playing with your hair' can actually manage to sound semi-scientific if you explain it in specific terminology. :)
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    969. (for loose curly hair) going from straight, european beauty hair to curly, exotic hair is a breeze and vice versa.

968. (for really curly hair) you dont have to worry about flat lifeless looking hair. even if you straighten it, you still get volume at the roots
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Posts: 214Registered Users
    #967: Messy buns, no matter when, always look like they took 15 minutes

#966: It's easy to find you in a crowd :)
  • CurlyRaeCurlyRae Posts: 129Registered Users
    #965 Big curly hair lets you get away with wearing really big earrings.
    I have med/coarse 3a/b curls with low porosity and normal elasticity. Thank you Live Curly Live Free!!

Basically CG since '06

Protein is my enemy :evil5:

Mag. Sulfate gives me serious frizz :eek:

Loving: JCWDT, KCKT & KCCC :laughing6:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyrae%2F" class="Popup