CurlTalk

all you 2's!

do you low-poo? can i low-poo more than once a week, like every other day? can i low-poo with suave naturals soaked in coniditioner or by itself?

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Even as a 2 I rarely low poo but there was a thread a few weeks back on the co poo...could be something you'd want to try, especially if you are low pooing more than once a week.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=74073
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• kayemmkay159kayemmkay159 Posts: 171Registered Users
    okay thanks! i havent started low pooing yet though because i've been thinking this whole time that i was a three but i found out i'm a two something and washing my hair would be lovelyyyyy. can i use suave naturals though, or no?
  • tctc Posts: 986Registered Users
    I went about 8 months without any poo but now my hair seems to require it ... not sure what changed ... but my hair is pretty greasy these days if I don't use any shampoo. I think you should do the gentlest cleaning method that still gets your hair clean. co-washing is definitely gentler than low poo but just not enough for me lately.

I saturate all of my hair with conditioner and then add low poo to my scalp area. when I do that then my hair is a lot less likely to get the "finger in electrical socket" look typical of shampoo :P so yeah ... I think your suave naturals idea is good ... it sounds pretty similar to what I'm doing actually
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    It has more to do with your texture and porosity than hair type.

I considered myself, and still do at times, a wavy for the first year I was on here (I've been on since July 2007 but didn't join till much later). I've used shampoo bars a couple times to experiment but other than that have only used conditioner to wash since July 2007.

My hair is fine and medium porosity. I only co-wash once a week or less. If your hair is fine, try cutting back on how often you condition, water wash instead, before adding in a low poo.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    I low poo, because I get over-conditioned easily.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

• wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    I low poo several times a week. I use to do just two, but it seems i need more lately.
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    I low poo about 2x a week, with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. My hair gets product build up pretty easily, regardless of ingredients (I use CG products).
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.