My first day back on full cones...

automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
And it is NOT looking so good. :lol:

My hair has yet to dry completely, but it's frizzy already. Part of it because it's a bit humid today, and partly because I had to use a clarifying shampoo this morning. I wasn't going to shampoo and just conditioned with Suave Healthy Curls, but my hair didn't feel right, so I shampooed and conditioned again.

I busted out my old Frizz-Ease Dream Curls spray, which has been collecting dust since January. I didn't want crunch, so I smoothed some Curl Souffle over it. I have some waves and some of those fat sausage-looking ringlets at the bottom, but the hair on the top and back of my head is practically straight. :x

Funny how maybe a year ago, I would have been thrilled with the straighter hair, but now it's driving me MAD. It sucks and I hate it. :lol: I think Dream Curls is officially dead to me. I wanted to try the Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme again, but last time I tried it my hair hated it.

Sigh. This whole rediscovering cones thing is annoying. Is anyone else having more luck?

Comments

• BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    i had good luck quitting CG with ouidad products. my hair generally doesn't like sprays at all, no matter what brand they leave my hair frizzy- maybe b/c its a spray thats why?

dont worry im sure youll find good products for you, it just takes time and experimenting. try a cream and try applying it to your hair in sections. i notice when i apply in sections, instead of styling with my head upside down my hair is ALOT less frizzier

good luck!
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Thanks!

I just ordered some Ouidad products to try last night, since there are a few wavies who seem to really like it. That's about the only brand I HAVEN'T tried. :lol: Damn hair.

Today I conditioned with Suave Healthy Curls and Paul Mitchell Detangler, then I styled with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink]. So it looks better today. :)
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I'm with you Utopia: I'm back on cones, too. Blame it on the weather. I found that creams aren't going to work for me in the summer. I had to hang up the Spiral Curl Cream and Curl Souffle (swapped that one) and the Curls Rock Amplifier. Trying to make gel work for me but I still get frizz. I have more luck when I put some SIF underneath the gel and again over top. Looks ok until the wind and humidity touch it :roll:

At least my hair is long enough for a little ponytail (this is a new development) so on the weekends it goes up and my hair gets a styling break.

Also, it's so easy to find products WITH cones, that I can spend less $ on drugstore brands and see if anything works out. (Better than $18-$20 on something that doesn't work).
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
    Amen. I think I finally figured that out this morning. :roll: Took me long enough.

CG works great on my hair in the winter, when it needs the most moisture. In the summer, it needs to be shampooed regularly. And it likes protein more.

I'm still trying to figure out why the hair on the back of my head is so straight now. Gah, I hate that. It's not even wavy anymore. After about four inches, it finally starts to wave and curl. I do NOT want the Michael Bolton look, thanks.

Have you tried [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink]? It's a cream, but it seems to be doing well in my hair right now. My sample is almost gone, actually. :(

I'm still trying to decide if I want to try jojoba oil or coconut oil. My bf works in a health store, and he said jojoba is really concentrated, so you can only use a few drops of it, and I'm wondering how I'm going to get just a few drops distributed through ALL of my hair. :lol:

When your hair dries, do you find that some pieces under the canopy stay frizzy and undefined, even though you know you put product on them? I can't figure out why my hair does that.
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] has protein, I think, and my hair doesn't like protein. But then again, my hair doesn't like ANYTHING right now. Too much $ to try knowing that likely, it will make me unhappy :cry:

When your hair dries, do you find that some pieces under the canopy stay frizzy and undefined, even though you know you put product on them? I can't figure out why my hair does that.
    Not really, my frizz places are the canopy and the ends. Somewhere in the middle, things are working out ok...no explanation.

Tried some Tresemme Curl Care Bouncy Curls Defining Gel (new, $2.99 at Target) with SIF the past 2 days. Really curly, actually had ringlets again in some areas, but didn't perform as well today. Much more humid today. Oh well, it was worth $2.99 Going to try it again tomorrow. Didn't make my hair look any worse than the pricey stuff.
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
    Oooh, that sounds interesting... if I can get out of work early enough, I might swing by the store to see if they have any.

I tried SIF before on dry hair to try to tame frizz, and it didn't work. :( My hair just gobbled it up, thumbed its nose at me and continued to be frizzy.
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    good luck with ouidad! what did you order? i cant wait to hear/see your results- their shipping is incredibly fast so youll get it in a few days. it takes a day literally for me to get it
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji