CurlTalk

MN for hair growth?

lightskinbabylightskinbaby Posts: 22Registered Users
okay so i was told that MN was good for hair growth. I was wondering if it can be applied to the scalp by itself or should it be mixed with something? TIA!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    What is MN?
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    Hmmm, I haven't noticed my hair growing faster since moving back to MN. :wink:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Are you talking about using something like monistat?
  • lightskinbabylightskinbaby Posts: 22Registered Users
    yeah like monistat...lol
  • katherinelovesevryonekatherinelovesevryone Posts: 230Registered Users
    Ive used it for a few months and it really did double my hair growth. 1 inch in a month...i swear by this stuff. got from this website for like 2 bucks instead of 15 for monistat. btw it has apricot oil as the 1st ingredient most of them have mineral oil first but on this one has it later on down the list
    3c/4a fotki [update 4/18/09]
    blog
    approaching BSL
    BC 4/26/08! Last relaxer April '07

:wav:
    aussie moist /suave coconut conditioner (cowash/leave-in)
    long aid activator gel
    random condish+honey+olive oil+cocnut milk+whole milk+conditioner (DT)
    finger combing>>>>Tangle Teaser
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    Yeast infection creme grows hair? How? Does anyone have progress pictures? I'm baffled?
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • lightskinbabylightskinbaby Posts: 22Registered Users
    i was thinking the same thing.a lot of people swear by it tho...and ive heard it works really well. i'm just hestitant to try it..
  • CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Posts: 295Registered Users
    First I have heard of that. I hope more people answer, I would like to know if anyone else had good results.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FCurlyHaze%2F" class="Popup
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    Lord have mercy.

Now I will be putting vagy cream on my scalp.

Did you say 1"?

How does it work? What makes it grow?

Do you have to do it consistently - like everyday?

I am curious
    I researched this and I found info going all the way back to 05-06 people were using this stuff.

Some used the neosporin af and others used the monistat. In the UK some used Daktarin Gold.

Then I found a thread with triconazole as they said it had 6.5%

I want 4% - if i try, or 6.5 if I can find it, but I have a hard enough time remembering to put my growth mixes on my scalp as it is.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    Yeah, first vinegar, then honey, then personal lube, now this.

When will the madness stop!? :lol:
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Yeah, first vinegar, then honey, then personal lube, now this.

When will the madness stop!? :lol:
    LOL,you're too funny wild~hair!!
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
    i dont have enough pictures that can truly be used for a comparison. ill def post some in my fotki over the summer (would three inches in three months be the greatest thing of all time?!)

what i do is:
    straighten
    apply cream directly to the scalp every 2-3 days
    (rub it in ad try to distribute over scalp really well)
    leave it alone

the only reason i straighten it is bc i dont want to have to cowash and reapply everyday. not to mention i wanted to actually see the new growth. i literally had 1/4" by the end of the week. vagie cream for hair growth...who knew?
    blog
    approaching BSL

long aid activator gel
    Has anyone on the board tried the 4%?

And does this contain a lot of oil?
    Ok this is waaaay too expensive!

I looked at those creams and they were 14.00 for a tiny 1 inch suppository! And you only get three!

My goodness how would I cover my scalp for a month?:crybaby:
    thats what i thought too

but this website has it for $1.89
    blog
    approaching BSL

long aid activator gel
    Do they have flat rate shipping?

And how many tubes do you have to buy?
  • Quiana252Quiana252 Posts: 21Registered Users
    I think im going to buy 3 tubes and see what it does for my hair. I just did the BC so i cant wait for my hair to grow out.
    My Fotki
    3c/4a
    co wash: HE Hello Hydration and Motions
    shampoo:no more poos for me!!!
    products:KKKC, KKNT, GF Fiber Gum Putty, Africa best herbal oil, GF leave in conditioner, softee shea butter
    last relaxer:10/2008
    BC:3/5/2009
  • lovely_eirenelovely_eirene Posts: 48Registered Users
    Can't wait to hear how it works for you guys! :)

...I don't think I'm brave enough to try it, though ^^;;
    Fine 3c type, loves protein. BS length when straight, aiming for BS length when curly!
    ok i just went through my email for the receipt.

i bout 5 bottles at $1.89 for $9.45. and shipping was $9.74
    all in all i spent 19.19

even though proportionally the shipping seems kind of extravegant, i figure 200 buck sfor 5 tubes is better than 14 for one. and im pretty sure you can buy as many as you like.
    HTH

and btw yes it does contain oils:
    apricot kernal oil, benzoic acid, BHT, glycol stearate, mineral oil, PEG-6, PEG-6-32 stearate, and purified water.

*i know it has mineral oil (which im not fond of to say the least) but its kinda far down the list and i havent seen any negative effects so far.
    blog
    approaching BSL

long aid activator gel
    Hi Katherine,

Thanks for that breakdown.

I went ahead and bought a tube at wal mart for 3.00. It is a little over an ounce and it is 2%. It should last a month.

I am not sure when I will begin bc I was supposed to start a diet and it prohibts me from using oils of any kind even on my skin and hair.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    ok... wait, I'm lost.

how does this work? what is it thats in it that makes your hair grow??

katherinelovesevryone: so do you just rub it into your scalp and leave it there until you next wash or co-wash?? i'm a little confused here?
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
    ok... wait, I'm lost.

how does this work? what is it thats in it that makes your hair grow??

katherinelovesevryone: so do you just rub it into your scalp and leave it there until you next wash or co-wash?? i'm a little confused here?

I really don't know what makes it grow.

I got the impression that you use it on your scalp everyday, but I think you have to dilute it first and not get it on your hair.

Associated content article:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.associatedcontent.com%2Farticle%2F698579%2Fmonistat_vaginal_cream_for_faster_hair.html%3Fcat%3D69" class="Popup
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    LOL for a long time! Is the desire to grow natural hair fast this desperate?!! I think if you measure your hair more than once a month, you may feel like your hair is not growing fast. When I saw the forum, MN for Hair Growth?, I thought there was something environmental in the state of Minnesota that's good for curly hair, since MN is also the postal abbreviation for the state. (silly me-LOL!)

When I was a teen, my natural hair was almost to my waist. All I did was drink plenty of water (because it was always warm), and ate plenty of fruits and vegetables. I cut out the soft drinks because they made my monthly cramps worse. Now, I'm going back to the same regimen, and my hair is growing. Below is a link to a YouTube video about MN: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzMRPuQp6LEc%26amp%3Bfeature%3Dchannel_page" class="Popup
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
    i dont dilute it with anything. i just take a little dab and apply it directly to a small section of my scalp and repeat until my whole head is done.
    Im on a "heat diet" (no heat for a month) and i find it somewhat more dificult to apply it while my hair is curly but Oo well.

and yes curlywurlygurly i do leave it in until my next wash but i only shampoo twice per month. and i reapply the cream just about every other day
    blog
    approaching BSL

long aid activator gel
    i dont dilute it with anything. i just take a little dab and apply it directly to a small section of my scalp and repeat until my whole head is done.
    Im on a "heat diet" (no heat for a month) and i find it somewhat more dificult to apply it while my hair is curly but Oo well.

and yes curlywurlygurly i do leave it in until my next wash but i only shampoo twice per month. and i reapply the cream just about every other day

Have you noticed any breakage? I did see some posts where they mentioned that- that is the only reason I thought about diluting.

Have you noticed any breakage? I did see some posts where they mentioned that- that is the only reason I thought about diluting.

nope. i havent seen any, just growth. i actually havent heard about any breakage doing this. where is the breakage supposed to be?
    blog
    approaching BSL

long aid activator gel

nope. i havent seen any, just growth. i actually havent heard about any breakage doing this. where is the breakage supposed to be?

I read some of the LHCF threads and I can't remember which one, but some posters said that they had some breakage. I think one was an African poster. I am not mentioning her nationality to be rude, but I can't remember the posters exact screen name, but I did remember that she mentioned she was from an African country. I am assuming this happened along the shaft and not the root. So in response the ladies on the thread that had this issue suggested mixing the cream in another oil and suggested that people try not to get it on the hair.