CurlTalk

Cocobetaine and Dimethicone

Hi :) So there's a product I am looking to use, and the second ingredient in it is Dimethicone. I have a co-wash that has cocomidopropyl betaine in it, a little bit far in the list, but not one of the last ingredients. It's called Freeman Papaya and Lime Conditioner. Do you think it will get the dimethicone out my of hair if I use it, say, every three days or so?

Thanks in advance:blob2:
modified cg - 3a/3b - high porosity - fine hair tends to be flat!

Using:
Lowpoo: Organix coconut
Rinse-outs: Tresemme Naturals Moisture, GVPCB, Loreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss, suave coconut or waterlily
Leave-in: Lustrasilk olive oil or shea butter cholesterol, aussie hair insurance, or regular conditioner
Stylers: Loreal Out of Bed Texturizer, LA looks sport or durahold max hold plus power + volume gel

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought that same conditioner for the very same reason, to remove dimethicone. It doesn't seem to do a very good job. I put some of my dimethicone product on my hands and then used the conditioner to try and remove it and it didn't seem to work. So, keep that in mind and look out for any build up.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Dimethicone is one of the "cones" that should be avoided according to Tiffany's new book. It's not a water-soluble cone so it will be more difficult to remove.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • TerriCurlsTerriCurls Posts: 105Registered Users
    tinah wrote: »
    I bought that same conditioner for the very same reason, to remove dimethicone. It doesn't seem to do a very good job. I put some of my dimethicone product on my hands and then used the conditioner to try and remove it and it didn't seem to work. So, keep that in mind and look out for any build up.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Using:
    Rinse-outs: Tresemme Naturals Moisture, GVPCB, Loreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss, suave coconut or waterlily
    Leave-in: Lustrasilk olive oil or shea butter cholesterol, aussie hair insurance, or regular conditioner
    Stylers: Loreal Out of Bed Texturizer, LA looks sport or durahold max hold plus power + volume gel
  • TerriCurlsTerriCurls Posts: 105Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Dimethicone is one of the "cones" that should be avoided according to Tiffany's new book. It's not a water-soluble cone so it will be more difficult to remove.

If I only use it once, without washing it out, will it cause problems?

Using: