Coloring hair while transitioning???

butterflibutterfli Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello, I am in my 5th month of transitioning. I so bad want to color my hair. I don't plan on BCing till maybe December 2009. Will it be safe for me to dye my hair during transition? Any information will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• lightskinbabylightskinbaby Posts: 22Registered Users
    hmmm well i don't think it would be smart to add new chemicals to you're hair when transitioning especially because the reaxed hair really isn't in a strong state at the moment.
  • butterflibutterfli Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hmmm well i don't think it would be smart to add new chemicals to you're hair when transitioning especially because the reaxed hair really isn't in a strong state at the moment.

Thanks for the advice...it does make sense. Since the main reason of transitioning is to maintain and get healthy hair. Do you know if there is a healthy dying (sp?) method or product for hair that I can use once I BC?
  • heyitsmefeheyitsmefe Posts: 101Registered Users
    When I first started transitioning I asked the same question. I was told that it probably isn't in my interest to use a permanent hair color, but semi permanent wouldn't be a big problem. I've put a rinse on my hair a few months now and I'll tell you my hair is perfectly fine and I'm 10 months into transition. Just make sure if you decide to do it you make sure you moisturize your hair well so that you can avoid breakage.

HTH
  • virgo76virgo76 Posts: 45Registered Users
    I am 7 months into transitioning. I don't know about complete hair coloring but I had highlights put in after my first 3 months. I have had no problems.
    Transitioned 26 months - BC - 12/5/2010
    Current - SL ; CBL stretched
    Goal - HL curly

Pre-poo - HV Vatika Frosting
    Wash - HV Amala Cream Rinse or SheScentIt (SSI) Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo (to clarify)
    Leave-in -
    SSI Coco Creme Leave-In/Green Grape then seal with HV Cocasta Shikakai Oil or Komaza Coconut Curl Spray plus Coconut Curl Hair Lotion
    DC -
    SSI Banana Brulee
    Edges/twist outs - KCCC/Komaza
    Coconut Curly Pudding/Curl Gel-les`c

Still sampling...just the PJ in me:toothy8:
  • Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    butterfli wrote: »
    Hello, I am in my 5th month of transitioning. I so bad want to color my hair. I don't plan on BCing till maybe December 2009. Will it be safe for me to dye my hair during transition? Any information will be greatly appreciated

Hey I'm in my 5th month transitioning too.....so what protective style do you do?
  • shortienaturalshortienatural Posts: 7Registered Users
    Hello,

I am in my 5th month and I had senegalese twists in but now that I have taken them out...I have been doing Bantu Knots. Fairly easy to do and easy to manage.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file