30 day shred

newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
Anyone used it? Using it? I just finished day 1, ouch! I would consider myself a fairly fit person (can run a couple miles at 7 mph, etc) but it kicked my @$$.
"Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"

Comments

• shudspeshudspe Registered Users Posts: 7
    I haven't tried it yet, but from clips I've seen it looks like a great workout. I think I'm about the exact opposite of you. I can't run worth a darn, but I'd lift weights all day if I could.

It's good to hear that it's challenging and not one of those routines that you can do half asleep and get it over with. I'm working on developing some new workout routines for my boyfriend and I to do, and I was considering this program, so if anyone has any helpful reviews I'd love to hear them.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    This workout looks good. Are they only 20 minutes long? I like that it used body weights, weights and a mat, all stuff I have at home. I'm doing some similar circuit stuff at a Muscle conditioning class at my gym. Works up a sweat.

I can't do cardio worth a damn, but I like a good strength workout.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    This workout looks good. Are they only 20 minutes long? I like that it used body weights, weights and a mat, all stuff I have at home. I'm doing some similar circuit stuff at a Muscle conditioning class at my gym. Works up a sweat.

I can't do cardio worth a damn, but I like a good strength workout.

It ends up being about 25 mins with intro and cool down. It's a good workout. Left me with a vaguely noodle-y feeling...not quite like I get from an amazing workout or a great yoga class, but along the same lines!
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Registered Users Posts: 442
    I just got this and wow... it was really a workout!
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
  • newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I just tried her "No More Trouble Zones" workout. Puts the Shred to shame...seriously!
  • NadieNadie Registered Users Posts: 51
    I Looove the 30 day shred! I feel it works me out really well and it's helped me tone and lose weight. The constant movement combined with the weight training is awesome:blob5:. A lot of the stuff looks easy but once I get into it it's like :sad1: ... But then once I'm done I feel good like this :thumright:
    BC: 22 February, 2009

My Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/NadieNinguem

• QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Registered Users Posts: 569 Curl Neophyte
    Well, I tried it two days ago and I'm still sore. I did the 1st and 2nd workout back to back, and I actually had to stop using my handweights at the end. I don't like how similar the workouts are, but I thought both were very good.

Honestly, I think these workouts really depend on what you put into them. You can make it easy by slacking off, and you can make it harder by jumping higher, punching harder, squatting deeper, having perfect form, etc. I'm in very good shape (intermediate/advanced exerciser) and I was sweating and working hard just in the first workout because I was really putting everything I had into it.

You can get a decent workout just doing one of the workouts, but I feel like a slacker if I don't work out for at least 30 minutes. I think one workout would be good in combination with another short (and possibly) lighter workout if you feel like you need to make it longer.

I really do think I like her Boost your Metabolism DVD better, but I like both of these DVDs. I just prefer not using weights.

***Edit***
    I've been reading Amazon reviews on this and I thought of a few things to add. Julian is a very "tough" type of instructor. She won't baby you. She's very blunt and she isn't cutesy and perky. I find it extremely motivating and although you might be thinking "You b*tch!" while you're working out, I love her for it. She isn't mean, but she's though. Some people are turned off by this though.

Also, she will stop doing the exercises and go near the demonstrators and point out things they are doing. Some people get pissed off by this because she isn't doing all of the workout with you.

Since I've been teaching yoga and stretch classes for about two years now, this doesn't bother me. I know it's hard to be understood if you are panting, and you can't give your students your full attention if you are busy focusing on what you are doing. I feel that it shows you are a better instructor if you can teach while not actually doing the exercise.

Some instructors are kind of tied down to the mat, and that actually bothers me. I have no doubt in my mind that Julian can do the entire exercise she's teaching with no problem, but I guess some people see it as her "slacking." If this bothers you, she does it in both Boost your Metabolism and 30 Day Shred, so keep that in mind.
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• prettywhittyprettywhitty Registered Users Posts: 19
    I am doing level 2 now. It's very intense. My goal is to to do it for another 30 days, then do her other videos.
    3c/4a
    Length:APL
    Big Chop 1/29/2008
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Southwestern OhioRegistered Users Posts: 678
    i used it along with other DVDs and gym cardio for three months. i rotated between levels 1 and 2 to keep from getting bored. level 3 is actually easy compared to 1 and 2 which seems bizarre. but i wouldn't recommend starting with level 3 lol...

anyway, i bought the DVD from sam's club for $10 and it came with one-on-one with jackie (also fab). you can't beat a great, complete workout in 20 minutes.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file