CurlTalk

Eat Jello!

silappsilapp Posts: 31Registered Users
My hairdresser gave me that tip yesterday. I have been having bad haircut after bad haircut, so it seems like my hair just keeps getting shorter and shorter from trying to fix the previous haircut! :( (hopefully i found a good stylist this time!!)
Anyway, she said the Gelatin is really good for growing. Also, any hair/skin/nail vitamin.

Comments

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    my mum said she got told something similar when she was young; she use to eat plain gelatin in hope to strengthen her nails. She said it made no difference though. Not sure what effect it had on her hair?
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    You can also take gelatin supplements too.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • likethegumlikethegum Posts: 494Registered Users
    I can't bring myself to eat gelatin! Ever since I found out what it's made of, it grosses me out!
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• Donna-epDonna-ep Posts: 192Registered Users
    likethegum wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to eat gelatin! Ever since I found out what it's made of, it grosses me out!

Me too!
    3b textured curly from DK.

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    A lady I work with has beautiful straight, shiny steel gray hair with natural streaks of white and silver. It was on the thin side. I see the back of her head every morning when I walk to my desk. One day I told her that her hair was looking thicker, what was she doing? (she and I chat about our thin hair periodically). She told me that with her diet, she started eating sugar-free Jello for snacks/treats and she thinks it's helped her hair. But it may also be that her diet in general has gotten sooo much healthier with eating more fruits and vegetables.

I was thinking of adding gelatin caps to my supplements but haven't done it yet.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!