Any wavies NOT on CG

csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
I am so excited about this wavy forum!!!!! I am a 2b with some 2a spots and some 3a spots. I have tried CG in various forms (no poo, low poo, etc.) I just need to clean my hair with sulfates. My scalp is too oily, and my hair gets weighed down too easily. I'm going back to Ouidad at the moment, but I'd like to hear what routines other sulfate washing wavies follow.

Comments

• SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I do not do CG anymore. I love me some silicones and a SLS poo once a week. I do use a gentle poo the other wash day though.

I lvoe this new forum too! G&M are awesome for accomodating us 8)
  • OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    I am not on CG. My hair needs shampoo. I use Elucence Moisture Benefits which is really moisturizing. I don't use cones too often because they usually weigh my hair down. I do use them when I decide to straighten though. And I may end up experimenting with other cone products. I mainly try to stay away from cones in my s&c, but I am open to trying ones that have them.
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    I have a really easy straightening routine (chock full of cones), but I struggle with a curly routine that gives me consistent results. OctoberBaby02, what do you use with the EMBS? I tried that a while back and liked it, but could never manage a whole routine with it. (I also had a baby in October of '02---I love your screenname.)
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    i don't do cg anymore either, in the beginning it was good but my hair started to hate it- cones never bothered me much to begin with- im much happier with ouidad stuff & shampooing my hair once or twice a week!
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    csb wrote:
    I have a really easy straightening routine (chock full of cones), but I struggle with a curly routine that gives me consistent results. OctoberBaby02, what do you use with the EMBS? I tried that a while back and liked it, but could never manage a whole routine with it. (I also had a baby in October of '02---I love your screenname.)

I use Regis Design Line Olive Oil conditioner, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence MB conditioner[/buylink], [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:Coil[/buylink], and Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling glaze.

I actually didn't have a baby in '02 but I had her this past October. And my birthday is in October, so the name just fit lol.
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I also am non-CG, but I try to stay away from the cyclo- cones that are really hard to get out. I use a sulfate poo to clarify about 1x per week and Low Poo on other days. Hair has been crazy with the weather and no cones just wasn't cutting it!
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
  • allicatallicat Posts: 134Registered Users
    I like beachblondewavie, tried it, and have since taken myself off of it. My hair became real overconditioned and unmanageable, even after clarifying...My hair needs shampoo, but of course not every day. I still use the styling techniques, but feel as though ouidad may be more appropriate for me (since they acknowledge that there are fine curlies that require less co, which I am!). I'm going to get my hair cut there in a few weeks:) Wish me luck!
    CG
    3a-ish & fine stranded, Botticelli type curls
    Currently using low poo/no poo & Ouidad Stylers
    http://public.fotki.com/allishags/
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Oh, good luck! :D I hope it's the best haircut ever.
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    My hair is fine and wavy, and seems to have some ringlets so I guess it is a combo as well.

I also tried cg but it didn't seem to be working for me. I have some scalp problems, I won't gross you out with the details! I intend to consult a dermatologist about them when I have health insurance again--hopefully soon. I've thought about trying CG again to see if it's the shampoo that's irritating my scalp, but I think I'm too chicken to do experiment with it.

For now, I use TGel anti-dandruff shampoo (usually not a lot though) and Aussie 3 minute miracle original for conditioner. I can leave a very small amount of conditioner in (just not rinse it thoroughly). I also use Biolage Gelee and Herbal Essences Humidity Defying Gel. I hear that one was discontinued though, don't know what I'll do when I run out! I smooth it in sections rather than raking. I scrunch and then try not to touch my hair while it air-dries.

If I just use leave-in conditioner or nothing, my hair will be frizz city. I've been trying to avoid most silicones, but sometimes I will use them to attempt to tame frizz. I've tried the following with mixed results: Suave Professionals Gel (like Biolage Gelee), Biosilk Rock Hard Gel, Aussie Gel+Water, mousse, Pantene Scrunching Gel (I liked this--no crunch--but it's discontinued so I'm trying to make it last).

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for prodcuts I should try? TIA! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    i use lush's american cream conditioner as a 2 in 1 product. it has some sulphates so is suitable for 2s. only problem is i often get an itchy scalp and have done for years....sometimes i have to shampoo with 'proper' shampoo just to relieve it. takes ages for my hair to go back to it's waves. my hair is similar in look to joss stone's, but i am much, much darker!
  • csjcsj Curl Connoisseur Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CG isnt for me either. I think I broke down at 3 days every time I tried it!

I wash daily with one of these: Aveda Shampure, Aveda Clove, Lush Big, Lush Godiva, Lush Hybrid.
    ~Chiara~
    Using FIA: 2b/2a mix with a few ringlets in the canopy, straighter in the under layer by my neck. Thin in density, fine strands. Normal porosity. Hennaed.

Go To's: Aveda, Lush
    I think CG wavies are few and far between.

I can't do CG. My hair is just not THAT dry, especially near my scalp. My scalp has no troubles generating some oil!

I poo 3x per week w/ a sulfate-free shampoo, only working it into the roots. The rest gets cleaned by the suds that run down, but I don't rub them in. I've been liking Abba Volumizing for a while, but I'm not wedded to that. I do use both a regular condish and a leave-in, focusing both toward the ends of my hair.

Also, I've been spritzing a little spray leave-in and/or a dab of jojoba oil onto my hair at night (right onto dry hair), then either pulling it up into a pineapple or just leaving it free and sleeping on it. I'm finally growing my hair out with some success and part of my success has been to treat the ends with special care and extra conditioning.

Basically, the care my scalp needs and the care my ends need are fairly different. And shampooing with some regularity but also conditioning, conditioning, conditioning (literally: rinse-out, leave-in, nighttime leave-in) seems to leave my hair well-balanced and shiny.

I also clarify 1-2 times per month.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    anonymous wrote:
    I think CG wavies are few and far between.

I can't do CG. My hair is just not THAT dry, especially near my scalp. My scalp has no troubles generating some oil!

I poo 3x per week w/ a sulfate-free shampoo, only working it into the roots. The rest gets cleaned by the suds that run down, but I don't rub them in. I've been liking Abba Volumizing for a while, but I'm not wedded to that. I do use both a regular condish and a leave-in, focusing both toward the ends of my hair.

Also, I've been spritzing a little spray leave-in and/or a dab of jojoba oil onto my hair at night (right onto dry hair), then either pulling it up into a pineapple or just leaving it free and sleeping on it. I'm finally growing my hair out with some success and part of my success has been to treat the ends with special care and extra conditioning.

Basically, the care my scalp needs and the care my ends need are fairly different. And shampooing with some regularity but also conditioning, conditioning, conditioning (literally: rinse-out, leave-in, nighttime leave-in) seems to leave my hair well-balanced and shiny.

I also clarify 1-2 times per month.
    OK, so that was me. Don't know what happened there, and now I can't edit it.

*twilight zone music*
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • NemesisterNemesister Posts: 8Registered Users
    anonymous wrote:
    i use lush's american cream conditioner as a 2 in 1 product. it has some sulphates so is suitable for 2s. only problem is i often get an itchy scalp and have done for years....sometimes i have to shampoo with 'proper' shampoo just to relieve it. takes ages for my hair to go back to it's waves. my hair is similar in look to joss stone's, but i am much, much darker!

and that one was me lol....must remember to log in!
  • DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
    I've kind of fazed out cg. I also find I need to shampoo occasionally. I currently love Ego Boost by Tigi Bed Head, it's a leave-in condish that really calms the frizz. It has tons of cones in it.

I also am very into GF Soft Curl Cream. I do try to avoid too many cones, especially in my conditioner. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl's Aloeba[/buylink] is my HG condish, it's the only thing that moisturizes without weighing down my hair. I do only shampoo once or twice a week and I've found that Giovanni's Tea Tree Triple Treat does a great job on my scalp it cures the itchies! I co wash with that usually once a week. I sometimes even put some on my fingertips and rub it into my scalp when my hair is dry.

My hair gets weighed down pretty easily and it will straighten out if it gets overconditioned or has too much moisturizer. It gets much curlier when shampooed.
    My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file