would this make good food?

darcurldarcurl N.E. PennsylvaniaRegistered Users Posts: 586
If I make mashed potatoes, just regular white kind. But then I mix in some brown sugar, some molasses, and some honey, would this be like mashed sweet potatoes? Someone might know, if you do please help me.
2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
:male::female::binky::angel13:
MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
MOPTOP
MOP-C CUrL
INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
JESSICURL
CURLJUNKIE
DEVACURL
(BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Sounds like ick to me.
  • darcurldarcurl N.E. PennsylvaniaRegistered Users Posts: 586
    yeah me too. but I bought a bottle of blackstrap molasses when i went out, but I do not think I will be using it for my hair. so i was trying to concoct some yummy recipes for it, but i have been stumped. Can you help?
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    So far I found out it is good in rice and baked beans. I think it might make a good searing sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Gingerbread!

That's what I always use it for. It's got a lot of iron, too, a fact with which you can console yourself if you eat too much gingerbread (as I always do).
  • SariaSaria New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 15,963
    Gingersnaps, shoofly pie/tart, barbecue sauces, glazed bacon . . .
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Doesn't anyone make unusual recipes with molasses, like adding some to your mashed potatoes, or your spaghetti sauce? I am new to molasses flavor, but i am starting to get it, it is very bold flavor, so it might not be good on mashed potatoes, with smooth flavor.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • SariaSaria New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 15,963
    I guess I just have no desire for sweet mashed potatoes. I prefer to do that with sweet potatoes.
    And to use molasses for things like desserts, glazes, and sauces. You can glaze vegetables like carrots with it. Or squash with molasses mixed with lime juice and maybe a little allspice. Also, it's always good in breads.
    Basically, I like using molasses to complement and bring out sweet flavors, but not to really sweeten vegetables. If I wanted somewhat sweet mashed potatoes, I'd prefer to do something like mix it with parsnips, and maybe add something like vanilla bean, which isn't exactly sweet, but has a sweet aroma and works nicely with the butter in the potatoes.

But that's just my tastes. If you're into the idea of molasses-sweetened potatoes, that's entirely up to you!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • ayotalayotal Registered Users Posts: 76
    sounds good to me. i would do without the honey, leaving it with some type of bread, but the rest sounds mighty fine. I like salty/sweet combos, and even if the potatoes are not salty, but only sweet, it still sounds good to me.

btw this is coming from a person who orders fries to dip into her mcdonalds ice cream cone.

so tasty.
    I am a Christian. GOD Bless You All.

Natural 3c/4a hair. Transitioned from January 15, 2009 to January 22, 2010 for 1 year and 1 week. :toothy10:

Low Porosity

Blog

weight.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file