Flax seed gel as personal lubricant..?

DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
Did anyone try this? :oops:
:king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair

Comments

• KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Posts: 347Registered Users
    Sometime doesn't sit right with me about getting heated with my hubby and then saying, Hold on gotta whip up a bath of flax seed gel.:-?
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    Anyone?? Hey, I'm curious...
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Flax seed gel would harden when dry. I've read that coconut oil makes an excellent lube...
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    Unfortunately, oils are not safe to use with condoms so I'm looking for a natural and safe alternative...

• shawnetteshawnette Posts: 482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try mixing it with aloe to prevent it from drying out and water it down for more slip. (Homemade AstroGlide!)

(Now, I don't know if that really works, but theoretically, it should. Astroglide is just watery KY.)
    Nappy is not an 'N' word.
    Photos:
    http://xrl.us/beauk7

Recipes:
    http://mixology101.ning.com/profile/shawnette
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    (pharmacy student here)

My over-the-counter textbook lists aloe, glycerin, and egg whites as safe, natural lubricants for latex condoms.

Also, you might consider polyurethane ("non-latex") condoms, which are safe to use with oil lubricants.

I would personally be hesitant to recommend flaxseed gel as a personal lubricant if you are using latex condoms because flax seeds do contain some oil -- flax seed oil or linseed oil.

Hope that helps!
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Egg whites??? Yuck.

OK I actually have tried the FSG as a lube and it's alright. I'm on BC so SO and I don't use condoms so we don't have to worry about the oil. I put AVG juice in mine so it was a little watered down. There was also lavendar EO in it since I had cooked it for my hair and not quite the smell I wanted in my lube. I would def find a dif EO and use a lot less in it. If I ever decided to use it as lube again I'd make it specifically for that with a dif EO and more AVG juice to make it a little more runny. The other thing I didn't like (but you might, who knows?) is that since it has to be kept in the frige it's coooooold. It does work almost as good as the real thing though. I had no irritation or anything out of the ordinary after using it. But I went and bought real lube the next day :toothy10: HTH
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Thank you all :) I'd be hesitant to try egg whites though... :/

• shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    Egg whites??? Yuck.

haha i know, i don't think i would choose that one but hey, apparently a lot of people like it.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• mlle_carriemlle_carrie Posts: 79Registered Users
    he he...this is a funny question because the first time i made flax seed gel i thought to myself, wow, this might be used as a suitable cervical mucus substitute. for anyone trying to get pregnant, cervical mucus is a must have to keep the little men alive while they are waiting for the egg at ovulation time. i have heard of women using egg whites for this reason and really, flax seed gel is the perfect consistency!! i'm not planning to try it though...LOL!

• JuanitaJuanita Posts: 27Registered Users
    Sometime doesn't sit right with me about getting heated with my hubby and then saying, Hold on gotta whip up a bath of flax seed gel.:-?

My thought exactly!
  • elanielani Posts: 3Registered Users
    ...please don't. i wouldn't.

just invest in a good water-based or silicone lube, obviously going natural is nice as an idea, but some of these products can wreak havoc on your vagina's ph balance depending on the particular situation. in other words: just stick to what's safe. besides...that kind of damage is actually hard to undo unless you go celibate for a bit sometimes. all of this is said from personal experience. when it comes to genital health, just play it safe.
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Worse yet, what if you have an allergic reaction to something in it? I can think of a LOT of other places on my body I'd rather have a rash.

Lube is one of those things I don't think I'd try to whip up at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file