How do I sleep with my curly hair?

brazilianbarbiebrazilianbarbie Posts: 6Registered Users
I have very curly hair and I was just wondering how I could sleep in order to wake up and not have a mass of frizz or a flat head of curls?
With my recent hair cut, it is too short to put up in one big high pony tail.

I also used mixed chicks and love how my curls look after. Just wondering how I could sleep to still generally have the same curls in the morning??

- Sascha
Recently becoming a product junkie. Trying everything to tame my Brazilian/Ukrainian hair.
*Current loves - Mixed Chicks Leave in, Giovanni direct leave in & Moroccan oil intense curl cream
:angel1:

Comments

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Well...
    Not sure if this might work for you, but I bought a satin handkerchief (in the hair accessories section at Walmart). I wrap it around my head and tie it in the back.

Although my curls are somewhat flattened in the morning, I found that if I spray my hair with water with a little oil (your choice), the curls spring back to life. Of course, if you manipulate them too much, you might end up with a little frizz.

Let me know if this helps, or if you find a better method, let me know! :glasses9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Posts: 255Registered Users
    I would like to see more suggestions on this. My hair sometimes gets the good 2nd day curls but the middle back part always gets super tangly and shrinks a bunch :(
    TYPE: 3C
    Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
    High Density, Medium Porosity
    Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
    Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
    Doing what I want when I want!
  • curlywavybeautycurlywavybeauty Posts: 223Registered Users
    I dont know how long your hair is, but really Ive just dealt with jaked up hair in the morning and spray botteled it make to managble, but i've been putting my hair in a ponytail on top of my head...and it works, but I think you might have said your hair is not long enough for that, other than that though I have no idea
    African American-to be more specific, Black Native american, White and Creole.
    3b,c and 4a hair
  • sicapoohsicapooh Posts: 7Registered Users
    KurleeEdna wrote: »
    Well...
    Not sure if this might work for you, but I bought a satin handkerchief (in the hair accessories section at Walmart). I wrap it around my head and tie it in the back.

Although my curls are somewhat flattened in the morning, I found that if I spray my hair with water with a little oil (your choice), the curls spring back to life. Of course, if you manipulate them too much, you might end up with a little frizz.

Let me know if this helps, or if you find a better method, let me know! :glasses9:

How much oil/water mix do you use? 50/50 or less? THANKS!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file