Going C.r.a.z.y!!

savedbygracesavedbygrace Posts: 17Registered Users
Ok, so I was inspired this past week to buy Dr. Bronner's lavender castile soap and to mix up my own 'shampoo concoction.' I even got pH indicator papers to make sure it wasn't too basic or acidic.

After using the shampoo mix, my scalp feels great! I have never had such a moisturized scalp before. My curls are also great - my hair has never been this curly before. But, ladies, I have never felt my hair be this oily before either!!!

My hair looks wet, people will not believe my hair is dry until they touch it, and it feels insanely (may I also mention, grossly) oily.

I just don't understand it - can anyone help me understand what I did wrong? Here is what I mixed up;

18 oz water
1.5 oz castile soap
1 oz white distilled vinager
0.75 oz olive oil

Am I needing to use less olive oil? Is olive oil supposed to only be lightly put on the curls instead of mixed up in a shampoo? :confused2:

Comments

• RESHARESHA Posts: 53Registered Users
    is there oil already in the castille soap? i use the peppermint/hemp one and there is a variety of oils listed in the ingredients.
    :blob2:
    last relaxer - 1/09
    bc -2/09
    hair - 3b/3c and a little 4a
    blog - www.caramelcurly.blogspot.com

"I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am not your expectations...." - India.Arie (musician)
  • savedbygracesavedbygrace Posts: 17Registered Users
    Thanks for pointing that out - I must have just overdone it with the oils. Haha...in all my excitement to mix together a shampoo, I forgot to read the ingrediants. :oops:
  • RESHARESHA Posts: 53Registered Users
    Thanks for pointing that out - I must have just overdone it with the oils. Haha...in all my excitement to mix together a shampoo, I forgot to read the ingrediants. :oops:
    no problem, we are all on a learning adventure here
    :blob2:
    last relaxer - 1/09
    bc -2/09
    hair - 3b/3c and a little 4a
    blog - www.caramelcurly.blogspot.com

"I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am not your expectations...." - India.Arie (musician)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file