3a trying to go CG

sally.xoxosally.xoxo Posts: 11Registered Users
Hello im 3a and im thinking about trying the CG method but im not sure to exactly wich products to use. Im trying to find product i can get from my drug store or maybe something not to expensive from a salon.

Any one have any suggestions for condish and gel products that work for CG?

Comments

• jam6352jam6352 Posts: 99Registered Users
    Co-Wash: Cheapies like VO5 (some like Suave)
    Rinse-out: L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Curly/Wavy
    Hair, Pantene Beautiful Lengths, and GVP
    Conditioning Balm
    Deep Conditioning: Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango
    Gel: LaBella Curl Gel

or I could have just told you to look at my sig, everything on it is dirt cheap. Happy hunting! :iroc:
    Low-Poo: Hairveda's Shampoo Bar
    Co- Wash: Suave Professionals
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk S/M Cholesterol + honey, EVOO, coconut oil

Moisturizers:
    Hairveda's 3-n-1 Creme & Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Lotion

• sally.xoxosally.xoxo Posts: 11Registered Users
    oh okay thnx
    the L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Curly/Wavy Hair is it the conditioner your using?
    and im not exactly sure about what the deep conditioning thing is..
  • may1787may1787 Posts: 113Registered Users
    jam6352, you said something about a co-wash and a rinse-out. What is the difference?
    No-'poo since 28 Apr 09!
    2c/3a, fine to medium texture, low to medium porosity, normal elasticity, medium density.

Cleanse: Deva Lo-Poo or Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Condition: Kinky Curly Knot Today or Suave Naturals Coconut
    Stylers: KCCC, BRHG, Moroccan Dry-No-More oil, Mister Right

NO: bad 'quats, 'cones, 'xanes, drying alcohols, sulfates, or petrochemicals.
  • viklaneviklane Posts: 54Registered Users
    may1787 wrote: »
    jam6352, you said something about a co-wash and a rinse-out. What is the difference?

A co-wash is used like shampoo. You put a little in your palms and "lather" it into your hair. It's typically a weaker or more watery conditioner, like Suave Naturals.

The rinse-out is the "conditioner". So it's a stronger conditioner so that your hair gets the moisture it needs.

Basically the co-wash mimics the shampoo, the rinse-out is the conditioner.
    Hair Type: 3a
    COs
    : Suave Naturals Green Apple. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine.

event.png
    Can i use L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Curly/Wavy as my co wash because i cant seem to find any suave products at any store.
  • CrazyCurlyHairedGuyCrazyCurlyHairedGuy Posts: 151Registered Users
    You can't find any suave products? SERIOUSLY? lol Every store should have Suave...it's really cheap, like .99 most of the time..so look at the bottom shelf..that's usually where I find it..most of the time the group them with the White Rain products too because they are cheap as well.
    CG Since Nov 2008 and Currently using:
    Co-wash: VO5 strawberries and cream
    Conditioner: Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberries
    Gel:Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites(only use when pulling my hair back in slick ponytail)

Follow Me on Twitter~~~~~>www.twitter.com/CourtneyAllenW
  • viklaneviklane Posts: 54Registered Users
    sally.xoxo wrote: »
    Can i use L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for Curly/Wavy as my co wash because i cant seem to find any suave products at any store.

Where are you at? Because I know in Canada they have it at Superstore, Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Not at London Drugs, though.
    Hair Type: 3a
    COs
    : Suave Naturals Green Apple. Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine.

event.png
  • jam6352jam6352 Posts: 99Registered Users
    About the deep treatments...

I love doing these and it's very important to do them. Deep conditioners (especially when used with heat) penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize the hair in way that a regular conditioner cannot. However, too much conditioning leads to over-conditioning which makes the hair limp and lifeless. In that case, make sure you clarify regularly (once a week, month, whatever works for you), and depending if you are protein sensitive or not, you should try a protein treatment as well. I love the GVP (knock-off) Joico K-Pak at Sally's. Protein is what you're hair is made of, so doing this types of treatments will help to reconstruct the hair. Don't do these as frequently as a deep conditioner. Sorry to overwhelm you with info lol.
    Low-Poo: Hairveda's Shampoo Bar
    Co- Wash: Suave Professionals
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk S/M Cholesterol + honey, EVOO, coconut oil

Moisturizers:
    Hairveda's 3-n-1 Creme & Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Lotion

viklane wrote: »
    sally.xoxo wrote: »

Where are you at? Because I know in Canada they have it at Superstore, Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart.

Not at London Drugs, though.

Oh thnx i was at walmart but superstore is way closer to my house so i'll look for it there
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    you can use the loreal vive pro as a co-wash if you want. i tried sauve and vo5 and the other cheap conditioners on my hair but it was too thin and didnt give enough slip for my fingers to easily scrub my scalp... and my hair didnt like them anyway.

also if you dont feel like buying a deep treatment (im a college curly so my money is limited), you can mix eggs and olive oil together (my mom buys it to cook, but i secretly use some for my hair), and put the mixture on damp hair for like 20 min or so and rinse it out with warm water...too hot of water makes the egg scramble;)
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file