I'm a die hard democrat - but geez

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Why doesn't Joe Biden think before he speaks!!!

he was on the Today Show this AM and basically said that he's not riding the subway anymore and others shouldn't either cause of the "Swine Flu"

Geez! people are already hysterical.. way to add to it!

don't get me wrong he's a nice guy but can we replace him with Jill Biden!!

D
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    :banghead:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • ccjaccja Posts: 29Registered Users
    Ditto that! What was he thinking?
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another "awwww grandpa" Biden moment. Expect lots of them over the next 4-8 years. Biden's a blowhard. Always has been. There's a reason he's run for president several times without winning.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    You keep thinking "surely this will be the last time". But it never is. What's wrong with him?
  • mandatoryfunmandatoryfun Posts: 878Registered Users
    I was annoyed about this story when I first saw it on the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/30/biden-swine-flu-made-me-t_n_193473.html. But after watching the clip in context, I think Biden was being perfectly reasonable. At least he wasn't like Matt Lauer, asking whether we should "close the border" (A solution that is not only racist because it blames the outbreak on immigrants, but also one that is kind of stupid - cutting off trade during a recession? Yeah right). I interpreted it not as "OMG WE CAN'T RIDE ON SUBWAYS OR ELSE WE'LL CATCH SWINE FLU," but rather as "I might avoid crowded, enclosed spaces to lower the likelihood of getting the flu, but I don't think its serious enough where we need to panic and close borders."

You go, Biden. You may have "moments," but in general, people are always twisting what you say.
    CG since 07/26/09
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, that was idiotic.

I don't cut him slack. He's a public figure, he should learn to watch it, but that skill obviously eludes him. :sad3:
  • yogawavesyogawaves Posts: 368Registered Users
    I'm a die hard republican, and quite frankly, I didn't see anything wrong with his answer. I believe the question was in regards to what he would advise family members?? Biden does have a way of "goofing up" but, this time with all the hype going on about the sf, I think he deserves a pass. (seems like I defend obama and biden alittle too much for a rep. lately,lol)
    yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another "awwww grandpa" Biden moment. Expect lots of them over the next 4-8 years. Biden's a blowhard. Always has been. There's a reason he's run for president several times without winning.

ITA. He's also a major "drug warrior." I've never really been comfortable with recreational drug use, but I'm faaaar less comfortable with the War on Drugs.
  • susieQ730susieQ730 Posts: 97Registered Users

:thumbup:
    CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
    3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
    CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
    Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
    VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
    fotki pw: hair
    event.png
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file