make up for curly

teresa, la pisanateresa, la pisana Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everybody
I'm Teresa from Turin, Italy! I'm a 3B
I'm convincing my self that a curly girl is more beautyful without make up in the eyes (just mascara for lashes, nothing else). this is beacause of our 'crown' :farao:
so..a good base of foundation, phard , and lipstick (any!)
Do you agree? I'd really like to know you thoughts.
How do you make up?

I saw many pictures of Valeria Golino (the Italian beautyful actress) and she uses very few makeup

A curly hug to everybody

Teresa

Comments

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    Hi, and welcome!

For me, a more natural look is best. The curly hair is an attention-getter for sure, so I don't need to add a lot of other "stuff." :)

I normally use mineral foundation, mascara and lip color. On occasion, I add a little bit of shadow or eyeliner. I am very fair, so I can't use a lot without looking overdone.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I love eye makeup. It really has nothing to do with what my hair is like. I just like making my eyes look dramatic. I wear foundation, blush, eye shadow, mascara, and lip color, every day.
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    As much as my hair is an attention getter, I have to wear eye makeup or my eyes kind of disappear and I look dead and tired. I am super pale so no definition on the eyes is not a good look for me. I don't do a whole lot with eyeshadow (haven't found just the right shading yet so I use a neutral semi-shimmery shade) but I do use eyeliner in varying colors (depends on my mood) and mascara everyday. I also use some version of concealer/foundation and some type of lipgloss. No blush because I have natural redness in my cheeks so I don't need it.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I am wearing more neutral eye colors now that my hair is longer and framing my face. I must use eyebrow pencil and mascara because I get tired of 1) people asking why I have no lashes or brows 2) my face looks unfinished. I use dark brown eyeliner now instead of black and black/brown mascara instead of inky black. It's softer and looks better.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sorry, but what's phard?

If you like neutral eyes, you could always use some eye shadow that's close to your skin tone for some subtle contouring.
  • teresa, la pisanateresa, la pisana Posts: 2Registered Users
    is the cheek shadow
    maybe it is 'brush', sorry ;-)
    here in Italy is called 'phard'.
    I love it!
    thank you so much for all your anwers!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I think it depends more on a person's features, coloring, etc, than the texture of their hair. On a day to day basis I don't wear a lot of makeup- usually just face powder, mascara, and, in the winter, blush. But if I do want to get made up, the eyes are the first thing I go for- I consider them one of my best features, and if anything, they can get hidden with all that hair.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    is the cheek shadow
    maybe it is 'brush', sorry ;-)
    here in Italy is called 'phard'.
    I love it!
    thank you so much for all your anwers!

It's "blush". :)
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
    No matter how big and awesome my hair is, I always play up my eyes. For school, I just do mascara but when I'm going out I do lots of eye makeup. However I never wear lipcolor. I just don't like how I look with lipstick or lip stain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file