CG woes

caroline!caroline! Posts: 29Registered Users
So I started the CG method a few weeks ago, and it was going fine. My hair was curlier, but it was also kind of limp. As the days went on, my hair started to feel wet, as though it never fully dried. I couldn't tell if it was greasy or just over-coated?? what do you guys think?
So I washed my hair with a sulfate shampoo and started again. the next few days my hair looked awes, and then it was back to the wet thing. I'm not sure if I should give up or stick it out. I went about three weeks of it looking wet.

Comments

• hotmustang46gthotmustang46gt Posts: 95Registered Users
    What products are you using and how often do you co-wash?
    3b/3c very thick and porous mod-CG since 03/09

• caroline!caroline! Posts: 29Registered Users
    nothing special, just suave naturals because I didn't want to pay money until I was sure I was gonna stick with it. I wash every day.
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    if it looks wet, then from my experience, that is either an incorrect product application method or an overabundance of product over saturating the hair shaft.
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
    ^^alright, I'm pretty sure I'm applying it right. So I should just use a little less?
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What are you using to style? I do not like Suave or most cheap conditioners; they have something in them that makes my hair limp and frizzy. Try something else as a co-wash and maybe less frequent. I gave up co-washing and do water rinses mostly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
    I don't use any other products...
    thats partly true of me, my hair is really limp, but not frizzy. I'm just afraid to risk not doing it every night, because I don't want it to get really oily the next day. but I'm going to sacrifice my comfort and take your advice
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Could be the product. When I co-wash with Suave Green Apple, I actually need another co-wash with a different product afterward to feel clean and not get all limp/maybe greasy feeling. (That's the only Suave I've tried so far.)

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, their Nourish Spa condish is nearly the same price as Suave and I love it for a co-wash. A lot of curlies do use it as their second condish, too.

Also, VO5 conditioners are cheap and many here like them better than Suave for co-washes. They're lighter and thinner and I think I'll be trying one of those if I get tired of/run out of the TJ's anytime soon. White Rain is another super-cheap brand, similar in price to Suave and VO5.

HTH!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file