I...don't know what to do...

farihstarfarihstar Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi, I'm new to these forums *so please forgive me if this thread isn't in the right section*.

I'm eighteen years old and I have wavy hair. It's somewhat straight from the top and really wavy as you go down. If you want a pic, here's a link: click me!

I don't do anything to it--but that's because I don't know what to do! I've heard everything from just putting gel into it to not using a brush or comb at all and then sleeping on a satin pillow. I don't even blowdry it because I'm so confused.

Does anyone know what I should do to make my waves/frizz a little more attractive and manageable? I'm honestly starting from scratch here...:sad5:

Comments

• farihstarfarihstar Posts: 4Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »

I saw that. I was thinking of trying it...but since my hair is wavy, I don't know how far I should go with that process.

Thank you for your suggestion :toothy6:
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    i think it should help you. hows your scalp?
    manya994 wrote: »
    i think it should help you. hows your scalp?

I've never had a problem with my scalp in terms of dandruff, itchiness, dryness and stuff like this. My scalp is pretty healthy IMO.
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    you should definitely be fine. you might be greasy for a few weeks, but then you will be great.
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    Sure, attractive and manageable are great goals at your age, but also be patient, you have lots of time to drive the boys crazy, you are only eighteen. Start by doing something, take the small steps first, and the first ones first, the cleaning, if you use shampoo, have you ever noticed it makes your hair less desirable to you or more or stays the same. Then consider your conditioners, are they for your hair type, are the ingredients healthy. Keep us posted and we can help you through this.
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
    Johnboy wrote: »
    Sure, attractive and manageable are great goals at your age, but also be patient, you have lots of time to drive the boys crazy, you are only eighteen. Start by doing something, take the small steps first, and the first ones first, the cleaning, if you use shampoo, have you ever noticed it makes your hair less desirable to you or more or stays the same. Then consider your conditioners, are they for your hair type, are the ingredients healthy. Keep us posted and we can help you through this.

hmm..I don't know how to see the effects of my shampoo or conditioner. What I mean is, I always use both shampoo and conditioner (the s&c are always of the same brand and designed for the same hair type). Because I always use both, I don't know if the shampoo or conditioner, or neither, or both is/are faulty or no good for me.

I usually use Pantene for long hair or Herbal Essences for hair strength. They both have the sulfates and whatnot that the CG method warns against. I'm thinking of trying out the CG method in a couple of weeks once finals are over...
  • xmyheartxmyheart Posts: 37Registered Users
    I would recommend trying out CG and give it at least 6 weeks...it's not for everyone but it's worth a try. And you can get a lot of CG products really cheap so its not a huge commitment. You might be a wavy now but with CG you could have actual curls. Let us know how it goes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file