My muscles hurt!!!

MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
Yesterday I used the inner thigh squeezer thing, I did squats and 16 lunges per leg. I also walked up the stairs 20 times in a row.

Today, it hurts to even sit down. But I was good and walked nearly two miles.

Later on I'm going to do some outer thigh exercises and maybe some push-ups.

I'm hoping the muscle won't make me look bigger before I start to slim down.

Comments

• CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Sounds like a good workout... will this be your journal?
  • MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
    Cherish - I might well just do that. :)

Today it is very hot so I'm a bit unsure about going jogging properly. But, I jogged around the garden a few times (very slowly) and I think my fitness has improved slightly. Which is good! I also did some lunges and on all fours kick legs back type exercises. I might attempt a proper jog later on, if it has cooled down a bit.

Going up and down stairs is good, but I'm concerned about building up my front thigh muscles too much. They already kinda bulge out at the sides. Some of it, admittedly, is fat. :oops:

I need to work on my upper body too. Above my waist, I am very slim. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to worry about my upper arms. I don't really need to tone up, but building muscle couldn't hurt, so as to balance me out a bit. I would like to broaden my chest and shoulders. I'd like more of a V going from my armpits to my waist, if that makes sense, becausemy hips are big. In short, I'm a hourglass with too much sand at the bottom, and I'd like more sand at the top. :lol:

I'm feeling so motivated though. The main thing I need to focus on, I think, is not feeling discouraged when fat loss doesn't happen immediately. I'm the type who does one lunge and expects to see a difference. :roll: I'm also a bit worried about the stage when I put muscle on, but the fat hasn't come off yet, so I end up a bit bigger for a while.
    Yesterday I ended up doing about 30 minutes of brisk walking, albeit broken up into little chunks.

I'd like to be doing a lot more, but it's so hot and I've got a tummy ache.

On the positive side, I always get stomach bloating when I've got my period. But, my stomach is looking pretty flat. Therefore, I'm guessing that I am bloated, as usual, but I've lost fat from that area. I suppose I'm lucky in that I lose stomach fat quickly.

One of the main things for me is to lose some fat from my inner thighs so that they don't rub together when I walk. Also, I want to reduce the curve from my knee to my hip - in short, slim down the silhouette. I'm feeling so motivated! It's just a shame that I don't feel good. I may go for a short mooch around later, when it's a bit cooler.

Another plus is that my appetite is very low. I haven't been eating chocolate or even dessert. I'm having a small lunch and some dinner, plus ice lollies and that's about it. Oh, and watermelon. :oops:
    Can you post durations of your workouts?

I have not had chocolate in a while thanks to this delish new whey protein I bought - Syntrax Matrix 5.0 in chocolate. Haagen Dazs, however, is a whole other story.
    Cherish wrote:
    Can you post durations of your workouts?

I have not had chocolate in a while thanks to this delish new whey protein I bought - Syntrax Matrix 5.0 in chocolate. Haagen Dazs, however, is a whole other story.

My workouts are scarily short in duration. :oops: When I do stairs, it takes no more than 15 minutes max. When I do some resistance work, I might spend 20 minutes. With walking, I do about 30 minutes, but it might be broken up into little chunks. I really am trying to build up on it though! I do squats, lunges etc at whenever and not at specific time.
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
    Is the inner thigh squeezer thing you're talking about the Suzanne Somers thigh master? If so, please let me know how you use it and if it works for you. My inner thighs are the most annoying part of my body!

I just looked it up, and that's the thing I've got, just a different make. I use it while sitting or lying down, and put it between my knees/thighs and squeeze together, hold, and release. The good thing about it is that you're working both thighs at once, so you don't have to keep count of reps. It's very easy to use. I don't know how effective it is yet, but I can say that my inner thighs are sore!
    I have the same thing and I have used it and it did make my inner thighs sore. I will continue using it for longer and see what results come of it.

I definitely have fat to get rid of at the top of each inner thigh. It'll be interesting to see how the toner will help though.
    I had been doing the Lateral Thigh Trainer and the thigh master and I am not sure if I saw any differences in my inner thighs. I am going to start up again though and give it another try. How many squeezes do you usually do?

I don't know. :oops: I don't spend very long on it at a time though. I do some quick squeezes, some where I hold the thing shut for ages. I just keep going until my muscles are completely fatigued. My inner thighs feel sore today, so that's good. :)

I'm feeling frustrated as I want to start running or do some sort of cardio, but it's just too hot.
    How hot can it possibly be at 6am or 7pm? ;)
    Cherish wrote:
    How hot can it possibly be at 6am or 7pm? ;)

:P It has been really hot even at 7pm. As for 6am.... :oops: .

Today I spent nearly 30 minutes on resistance stuff. I did 24 lunges per leg. I did a load of squats. I did 20 sit ups. I did 24 kickbacks per leg. I did 20 side leg raises per leg. I did a load of inner thigh squeezes and I did some bottom lift thingies.

I'm going to stretch out once I stop feeling sick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file