why so many curl types on one head?!

MikelMikel Registered Users Posts: 26
This has been bugging me a lot lately, so here goes nothing. By the simple way of Mother Nature, my bangs are only 2a, practically straight, in the front. The hair on top of my head is only 2c-3a. All around the rest of my hair on the outside is mostly 3a with some 3b. Underneath the top layer, and in the back of my head, there are total 3c springs!! I can't stand this, and personally I would really enjoy having the nice springs everywhere! What should I do?! :dontknow:

I seem to have quite a large & voluminous blend of 2C, 3A and 3B hair.

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Most of us have multiple hair types and yes, it is quite aggravating .. I'm part wavy, part curly (2B/3A) and in the summer some 3B.

I don't know that you could ever turn 2 hair into 3C without a perm. Keeping my hair in the best possible condition, using product and scrunching are the methods I employ to maximize curl.

Are you CG? If so, have you had a cut or trim since going CG? Some of the issues on the top are previous damage. The top of your hair is more exposed to the elements than the rest of your so it is more easily damaged.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    Yea, it's a pain to have different types of hair. Mine is 3b/3c. My top is about 3b and underneath it all I have really springy 3c curls.

I have to agree with keeping it trimmed and healthy and you should be good to go.

Good luck!
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• MikelMikel Registered Users Posts: 26
    I just had all of my hair cut and layered about two weeks ago, and I'm not using any cones, so I guess I am doing the CG method. I do scrunch and use some product, but it doesn't really work out how I want it. Would getting a perm, just a spot perm be reasonable at my age?

I seem to have quite a large & voluminous blend of 2C, 3A and 3B hair.
  • deletedelete Registered Users Posts: 815
    My hair is insane with all the different types. I have a chunk that is stick straight and it's right next to some 3c pieces. I have always toyed with the idea of perming it but it just seems like more effort than it's worth.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    ninjadog does spot perms to get her hair to match all over. If you a search on posts she made and the word perm, you should get quite a few hits.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file