Carol's Daughter CG??

Hello Everyone~

I have a friend with 4sumthin hair who wants to go CG. She currently uses Carol's Daughter loc butter and Carol's Daughter oil. Are these okay? They have corn oil and bees wax in the loc butter and I think just corn oil in the "oil".

Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Last time I read the ingredients list, I remember them as being CG. Tell her that she needs to join us and learn about all of the wonderful products out there. I tried it, thought I might like it--but it left my hair greasy and feeling dry.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pepperwinkspepperwinks Posts: 15Registered Users
    Thanks, kathymack...I am trying to convince her, but I was stumped with the corn oil and beeswax....I haven't come across them in anything I use, but I'm rather new myself...
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think some people may have problems with beeswax. I've used some products that have contained it. I don't lowpoo, I use natural soap bars that are much gentler to cleanse, so haven't had any issues. I think corn oil is pretty heavy, but if her hair can handle it and she's happy--what can I say. Her hair could probably be better, but that's her choice.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pepperwinkspepperwinks Posts: 15Registered Users
    It sounds heavy to me, too. I'll be in Chicago in a few weeks and am planning on picking up some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] for me and some for her....maybe she will like that as well...thanks again for the help.
  • h2wQueenh2wQueen Posts: 551Registered Users
    Hey I think the carol's daughter products are fine for a 4 something; which is hair that requires alot more moisture than 2's or 3's.
    "We Live From the Head Down and Not the Feet Up" ~Donnie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file