Should you cowash everyday?

kola626kola626 Registered Users Posts: 117
Should you cowash everyday or should you skip a day and go for the 2nd day hair? I'm not sure if wetting and condish my hair everyday will be good for it, or should I just spritz it with some leave'n for my 2nd day hair? I'm a lil confused on what I should do and on the long run if its gonna make my hair healthly. dontknow:
HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
Condish: Suave Color Care
Condish Method: HEHH
DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
Love head massages

Comments

• divecurldivecurl Registered Users Posts: 45
    I think this really depends on your individual hair. You'll find lots of different methods here. You just have to try a few and see what works.

I think one of the bigger factors is how dry your hair and scalp are. Quite a while back, I tried doing water rinses with a cowash once every few days. That did not work very well for me. When my hair was longer, I tried doing 2nd day hair. My hair would look fine on the second day, but when I cowashed on day 3, my hair would feel rough and dry. I now cowash every day and use a rotation of conditioners. But my hair is REALLY, REALLY dry. It is impossible for me to overcondition my hair.

If you hair has some moisture and/or oil, then a cowash every day would probably be too much. It also depends on what products you use.
    Hair type: 3a/3b, medium texture (canopy is coarse), high porosity.
    Hair hates protein; tolerates only low amounts of glycerine.
    Products:
    Color: Redken Shades EQ
    Rinse-out: Curls Coconut Sublime, Nirvana Cherry Bark/Almond, JC Aloeba
    Leave-in: BB Curl Styling Lotion, Darcy's Peach Kernel Milk, Darcy's Avocado & Wild Plum, TheraNeem Leaf & Oil Cream,
    Styling/Hold: KCCC, Fairy Tales Curly Q Natural Curl Maker, TheraNeem Neem Leaf & Aloe Gel
    DTs: Refined Coconut Oil, Ojon, Homemade Avocado
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. When I cowashed, and now with soap bar, I do that every three days.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlybeautycurlybeauty Registered Users Posts: 81
    I co-wash every day and use the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner as a leave-in. If I don't do all that my hair is one big dry, poofy, frizzy mess.
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    i dont co wash everyday... i hate having wet hair and waiting for it to dry. i co wash every week or twice a week when i detangle my hair... so its really your choice i guess. i just add a little water and conditioner together in a spray bottle and spray it on my hair, then add a little oil or curl activator if my hair feels too dry before i wash. its still damp but not soaking and i dont have to wait a long time for it to dry. do what works for you
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file