CurlTalk

Should I Poo Everyday??

i have fine and porus hair and was wondering if washing everyday would be good for it or bad?? iv read both on here and cant make up my mind
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    I don't wash my hair every day. I co-wash every 3 days or so and just wet my hair and redo it the days in between. Once every 2 weeks or so I use a natural soap bar to clean my scalp really well because if I don't it gets itchy from buildup from the water here.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
    Nallia wrote: »
    I don't wash my hair every day. I co-wash every 3 days or so and just wet my hair and redo it the days in between. Once every 2 weeks or so I use a natural soap bar to clean my scalp really well because if I don't it gets itchy from buildup from the water here.

haha i just realized the title of this thread is hilarious!! lol....anyway...im immature sometimes ;)
    iv been interested in the wetting hair in between thing, but would i add more product when i do that? and wouldnt that weigh me down? is washing everyday bad? lol
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 972Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Mine is fine and porous, and I haven't used any shampoo since last July. My hair looks and feels so much better now. :) I usually co-wash every 4 or 5 days...no wetting in between.
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Rinse out: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition, Deva Supercream, and Deva B'leave-in
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

iv been interested in the wetting hair in between thing, but would i add more product when i do that? and wouldnt that weigh me down? is washing everyday bad? lol
    As long as you're using products that are water soluble you shouldn't get buildup. When I wet my hair between co-washes I completely saturate it and rinse it well as if I'm rinsing out conditioner. It rinses out everything in my hair and I don't get heavy. :)
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

Nallia wrote: »
    As long as you're using products that are water soluble you shouldn't get buildup. When I wet my hair between co-washes I completely saturate it and rinse it well as if I'm rinsing out conditioner. It rinses out everything in my hair and I don't get heavy. :)

ooo so you dont just get it wet you rinse everything out?? so then what, do you just restyle by putting products in and just never condition?
    I always use a leave-in under my styling products so my hair always gets enough moisture. Oddly, since I started just water washing my hair without co-washing so much I'm finding that I don't need as much leave-in as I did before.

I don't really wet my hair every day; some days I'm too lazy so I just put it in a ponytail. ;) But if I plan to style it I will do it from soaking wet whether I co-wash or not.

I was co-washing every other day and now every 3 days. I may cut it down to once a week soon since I'm needing less conditioner now.

thank you. i really appreciate all your help. im sorry for all the questions
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users

haha i just realized the title of this thread is hilarious!! lol....anyway...im immature sometimes ;)

I know what you mean! I still can't keep from smiling when I read the word "poo" or "no poo". Think of yourself being child-like, not child-ish.:tongue3: But I believe it's very healthy to poo everyday anyway! hee heee.

I personally cannot low poo everyday, maybe every couple.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
    thanks girls! i "water washed" for the first time this morning and i liked it a lot! i didn't get weighed down at all and my hair looks better than when i just don't do anything...well of course, lol. thanks so much!
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Posts: 355Registered Users
    I may be coming too late to this thread but I too do not co-wash every day (i don't poo at all). :) I will just rinse out and things work out beautifully! I thought I would get a lot of products left in my hair from doing that but everything is going well for now. :) Good luck, I'm glad it was okay today!! :)
    Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
    HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
    ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF