CurlTalk

Possible shampoo bar?

I've been wanting to try out shampoo bars for a while, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find any at the stores around me. I was lamenting this fact last night when I remembered reading that BoticelliBabe had been using a South of France bar as a shampoo bar.

For Christmas last year I got some Mistral organic triple-milled shea butter soap bars. The one I have left has been taunting me for weeks now because it smells divine and has been sitting in my nightstand drawer. I wanted to see if this could possibly be used as a shampoo bar as well (I can't try out the one in my shower for this purpose because it's exfoliating and I don't want to pick out little brown flecks from my hair). It would be wonderful if it could, because I've got a trip to Europe coming up and have a soap bar that could serve dual purpose would be really helpful in keeping my bag lighter.

Anyways, here are the ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Fragrance [Parfum], Glycerin, Palm Acid, Titanium Dioxide [CI 77891], Futyrospermum Parkii Butter, Sodium Chloride, Palm Kernel Acid, Ultramarines [CI 77007], Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sodium Hyroxide, Limonene, Iron Oxide [CI 77499], Red 30 [CI 73360], Kaolin

Thanks, y'all!
3A/2C
Mod-CG since 9/15/08
Lo-Poo: Whispering Windz Farm jar soap
Co-Wash/LI: Suave Tangerine
Rinse-out: EO Rose & Chamomile or Giovanni 50:50
Stylers: Pink Boots & Bioterra Gel

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    I just started googling the ingredients I didn't know. Thought this was interesting.

Tetrasodium EDTA: Water softner. A bonding agent that links with minerals to prevent them from causing microbial growth.

Tetrasodium EDTA
    Sequestering agent. Prolonged skin contact may cause irritation, possibly even a mild burn.

It looks like it's the oils, preservatives, salt and coloring agents. You can look up the rest of the chemicals, I didn't want to take the time.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]