would this recipe be good for my 3b hair?

I have:

Coconut oil,
Olive oil,
Avocado oil,
Jojoba oil,
and honey.

Will this help my dryed out, frizzy hair?
HELP PLEASE! :colors:

Love, KurlyKadejah!

Comments

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Go on girl! Sounds like one of my conconctions. Try applying it to wet hair, and then either styling it or putting conditioner over that for a good deep treatment. Be sure to rinse out afterward. Works for me every time. Good luck and have fun!
  • KurlyKadejah0430KurlyKadejah0430 Posts: 20Registered Users
    whew! thank youuuuu;
    :tongue8:
  • smokindivasmokindiva Posts: 90Registered Users
    I think everything you have on hand is great. You really have to give everything a try and find out what works for you. My hair hates honey and glycerin, but I had to try them both before I could come to that conclusion. Hakim gave great advice but I would also suggest that do a pre-poo warm oil treatment ( combo of all or just pick one that you have) and leave it in for at least 30 mins. If you need to wash it out just wash your scalp. Or just rinse and co-wash. Check out http://www.biracialhair.org Great advice and tons of pictures. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress

Yvonne
    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    -MLK

Loves: Henna, Amla, Rhassoul clay, avocado butter, aloe vera gel, flax seed gel and castor oil.
    :pig: wow, thank you! i will definitely try that!! my hair is so dry and broken so i will do whatever at this point to get my hair smooth and soft like it used to be! lol. but like i said, i will try this. and once again, thank you! :love2:
  • shawnetteshawnette Posts: 482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have:

Coconut oil,
    Olive oil,
    Avocado oil,
    Jojoba oil,
    and honey.

Will this help my dryed out, frizzy hair?
    HELP PLEASE! :colors:

Love, KurlyKadejah!

Blend one or two of these oils (Jojoba & coconut works nicely) with some aloe vera gel (the skin kind, not the food grade) and you'll have a nice, lightweight curl custard. If you need more hold, you can add a bit of honey.
    Nappy is not an 'N' word.
    Photos:
    http://xrl.us/beauk7

Recipes:
    http://mixology101.ning.com/profile/shawnette
    lol, thank you[: i guess you can tell i'm new at this. once again, thanks!:toothy8:
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since you are new, do you know anything about porosity? you might want to check that out first if you havent experimented with oils yet. you hair kinda looks like my hair and my hair doesn't penetrate y hair. like, my hair feels smooth as i wash it out, but afterwards, there's no real difference in my hair. but i hope you get better results than me!!!
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
    i noticed that, too. it's soft at first, but then nothing really happens. so it's basically a waste of time. what is porosity? :sad5:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file