CurlTalk

I love my 2nd day hair!!!!!

Alright ladies I had to share. I have always struggled with 2nd day hair and suddenly this week my hair decided to love me back and give me great 2nd day. The first time I thought it was a fluke (looked good, felt producty), the second time I didn't want to jinx it, but this third time WOW. tons of ringlets with lots of root volume. I don't even care about the frizz. I sure hope it keeps working. I'm even exctied to try for 3rd day hair now. I put pics in my fotki but they don't do it justice at all. :toothy7:That's me right now...
High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• curlygirl18curlygirl18 Posts: 355Registered Users
    Yay!!! What did you add, if anything, on those 2nd days?
    Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
    HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
    ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    It looks great! 2nd day hair is the best!! I wish I could get it more often!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Alright ladies I had to share. I have always struggled with 2nd day hair and suddenly this week my hair decided to love me back and give me great 2nd day. The first time I thought it was a fluke (looked good, felt producty), the second time I didn't want to jinx it, but this third time WOW. tons of ringlets with lots of root volume. I don't even care about the frizz. I sure hope it keeps working. I'm even exctied to try for 3rd day hair now. I put pics in my fotki but they don't do it justice at all. :toothy7:That's me right now...

That's fantastic, but how do you post that but don't say what you did and what you used...?
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Yesterday on 1st day I used Ohm sweet hair pudding and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. I had big Victoria's Secret curls that I loved. Today I sprayed with water and smoothed down then scrunched and it reactivated my product. I waited til dry then smoothed and scrunched with Wild Woozle pomade.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

mandyv wrote: »
    That's fantastic, but how do you post that but don't say what you did and what you used...?
    I used dif products each time so I thought it'd be lengthy. I just posted my latest combo.

• mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Thanks. I'm always curious to see what works for other curlies.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users
    Wow, look at those ringlets! You should post this on the 2 board so we can know it is possible with wavy hair!

Did you do anything different at night because it looked so good yesterday and you were "trying" for 2nd day hair or do you pretty much do the same routine every night?
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
    elita wrote: »

Did you do anything different at night because it looked so good yesterday and you were "trying" for 2nd day hair or do you pretty much do the same routine every night?
    All I did was sleep on a satin pillowcase. SO laughed at the satin bonnet so I can't do that and pineappling makes me feel silly...I know I shouldn't but...
    I've been using a satin pillowcase for about a month and I see a huge difference in how my hair feels in the morning. It's also cutting down on my tangles. With all the craziness my hair has been through in the last month though I couldn't tell until now if it was making a difference in getting 2nd day. I think it does.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    Jess you are looking MIGHTY FINE my friend ;)

I wonder if it's the coconut in the pomade that your hair is loving!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Jess you are looking MIGHTY FINE my friend ;)

I wonder if it's the coconut in the pomade that your hair is loving!
    TY TY!

It probably is. My hair has always responded well to coconut..although you already knew that :) I think that's why I loved the Komaza coconut pudding too. In my warmer weather it seems my hair is really liking a pudding and light gel whereas in winter I needed a hard hold gel.

I'm loving the Victoria's Secret curls I'm getting on day 1 too. I used to blow dry my hair straight then use a curling iron, taking around 1 1/2 hours or more) to get that look and now my hair is doing it on it's own. SO even made a comment about my hair looking sexy last night. Can't get better han that :)

• micol124micol124 Posts: 171Registered Users
    :blob7::wav::blob4:
    Yay to 2nd day hair. I have used a sating pillowcase for a year now, and I love it. For me it is the #1 cause of 2nd and 3rd day hair
    2c/3a - Miii - Coarse - Low porosity I think

CG since 02/08

low-poo, 20/80 honey and JC TS, ACV rinse, honey and TW

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmicol124%2Fgoing-cg%2F" class="Popup
  • jwill112876jwill112876 Posts: 205Registered Users
    WOW! Look at you Jess!!! Gorgeous girl!

I would LOVE to get 2nd day! I have had 2nd day one time and it was a little frizzy...but I got alot of complements on it. I'm telling ya, it was the 1st day JC that did the trick! Oh, and the satin pillowcase!

So glad to hear (and see) it sweets!

Jenn :)
    CG since April09
    2b ~ regularly
    2c ~ on a 'good' day
    Deva Products for Challenge
    co-wash ~ Suave coconut
    condish ~ BLCB
    style ~ JCRR & JCCC & BRHG
    clarify ~ BS rinse & ACV

:love7:Currently jones-ing for KCCC & KCKT:love7:

:wav:
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users
    That's great! I remember my first good 2nd hair day: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FHelloitsio%2F2008-pictures%2Fjan-june2008%2F0322-b.html" class="Popup. Since I was at my SO's mom's place that weekend, achieving 2nd day hair was a surprise!

Lately I've been finding that my hair looks good enough the next day to just leave things at that but I still wash and style.