Choice OK for Palin, but not for anyone else?

RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Anyone else see the irony of Sarah Palin's recent speech at an anti-choice gathering, where she stated that she briefly she considered abortion when she found out her son had Down's Syndrome, but then decided to continue the pregnancy? Isn't that called "choice"? She freely used her choice, but she wants to take that choice away from every other woman?

That's called hypocrisy.

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If she were a Democrate the Republicans would be all over this contradiction. Why isn't the Democratic party jumping on this and plublicizing it? They are lousy marketers.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If she were a Democrate the Republicans would be all over this contradiction. Why isn't the Democratic party jumping on this and plublicizing it? They are lousy marketers.

I think the Dems have made a conscious decision not to engage Palin as a serious future candidate. That's what Obama did during his campaign. Not engaging her does make her seem like a joke (well, more of a joke than she already is on her own).
  • notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    Anyone else see the irony of Sarah Palin's recent speech at an anti-choice gathering, where she stated that she briefly she considered abortion when she found out her son had Down's Syndrome, but then decided to continue the pregnancy? Isn't that called "choice"? She freely used her choice, but she wants to take that choice away from every other woman?

That's called hypocrisy.

She's never said that she wants to take away Rode Vs. Wade. She's never said that she wants to take away a woman's choice.

In her own beliefs she's against abortion, but does not want to take that right away. However there have been other things that she has been hypocritical about one includes the fact that she stated she wouldn't take the bailout money for Alaska and then when she was in Indiana the decision was made to take the bailout money anyway.

She's pulling an emotional trip for people. My hope is that she decides to not run in 2010 because IMO her political career is over due to the Republican party.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    There was a very conservative politician from Minnesota, Allen Quist, whose wife had actually HAD an abortion in her youth, and was opposed to Choice. I guess she felt hers was a mistake, so she wanted to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake.
    Minneapolis, MN
    notegal wrote: »

That's called hypocrisy.

She's never said that she wants to take away Rode Vs. Wade. She's never said that she wants to take away a woman's choice.

In her own beliefs she's against abortion, but does not want to take that right away. However there have been other things that she has been hypocritical about one includes the fact that she stated she wouldn't take the bailout money for Alaska and then when she was in Indiana the decision was made to take the bailout money anyway.

She's pulling an emotional trip for people. My hope is that she decides to not run in 2010 because IMO her political career is over due to the Republican party.

Um...yes she has said she wants Roe V Wade overturned...she said she wants the abortion laws returned to the states, and that would negate Roe V Wade:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4493093n

I realize Presidents don't have the power to overturn court rulings, but they do have the power to appoint Supreme Court judges who have the power to overturn court rulings. In that sense, the POTUS have very significant influence over abortion in the USA. Luckily, Bush's term ended before he got another anti-choice judge on the bench, which would have easily overturned RvW. Obama is likely to appoint pro-choice judges, so abortion is probably safe...for now.
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users

That's called hypocrisy.

WHAT!!!!!!!!:confused1:
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:

That's called hypocrisy.

What part don't you get?
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users

That's called hypocrisy.

What part don't you get?

oh i get it....she is being a hypocrite, condescending and he followers/stans/minions wont even acknolegde it....theyll blame it on "liberal media bias"...which is another way of saying "im a anti-intellectual, no book learnin for me..."
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file