Question for joggers/runners

lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
Sometimes, but definitely not all the time, I get a weird sensation in my nasal area when I'm running on the treadmill. It's that same sensation as when you get water up your nose but not quite as harsh, but it's enough to be bothersome and effect my stamina. Does anyone else experience anything like this or have an idea what the cause might be?
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hmm...I don't think I'm going to be much help. Have you noticed if it happens when the A/C kicks on or a fan blows in your face? Might try moving away from vents and fans to see if this helps.

If not, I'm at a loss. I'll keep thinking about it...
  • Texas MamaTexas Mama Posts: 178Registered Users
    Hey Lush -

I am a walker/beginning SERIOUS runner. Trying to amp up the stamina to go 3 miles without stopping.....

I, too, experience that wierd nasal sensation. It's almost like a burning smell, like you can smell a lit match that was just blown out. I only get this after I am finished with my workout - and that goes for any workout. Even if I've just done aerobics or weights, I get it too. It is strongest when I have done more running than walking.

So, what's your running routine like? I have just started to get my butt up out of bed and get after it, after not doing anything for several months. I lost 30 lbs last year, then lost interest in exercise. It's a shame, because it has so many benefits far beyond the weight loss.

Let me know, and I'll start to check in with you to keep myself accountable!

:oops:
    Hair type 3A. Jessicurl is becoming my HG!

http://public.fotki.com/TexasMama/

password: ginger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file