CurlTalk

The sotc fakeout

Anyone diffuse and airdry, feel like they are 100% dry and crunchy on the outside, go to sotc, and find that their middles are still wet? :sad1:
3a/3b coarse and thick.....big and red

Advanced Deva inspired Stylist

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Yep, happens all the time. Diffusing mostly upside down and using the pixiecurl method helps to get the underneath and middle. Then, even when I think I'm dry, I try not to SOTC for at least an hour.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PheebiePheebie Posts: 177Registered Users
    Yep, I've had that happen. It's so frustrating.
    Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
    Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
    Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
    Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
  • sharon5152sharon5152 Posts: 207Registered Users
    I agree with msgiblet; I don't touch mine for an hour at least. In fact, my new method is to wash & put in products in the evening, let it airdry and diffuse b/4 bed--then not touch it at all until morning. I have wonderful volume and differentiated curls the next day! And no frizz!
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fsharon5152%2F" class="Popup
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    All. the. time. :lol:
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I don't diffuse (doesn't fit into my schedule), just plop then go to work with it partly wet (on "wash" days). It takes until after work to get dry on the inside! I am not patient enough, get tired of the wet look, scrunch.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    I have another type of SOTC fakeout.

I go to SOTC, it's very ramen-noodlish at the start, then after doing it my hair is smooth and clumpy, and looks really, really good. I get very excited. It's still maybe 10% damp, but that's ok, I can usually still SOTC fine at that point. I think it's looking great. :thumbright:

Then, slowly but surely, my hair continues to expand ever so slightly, then a little more, then even more, and before I know it, I've got a poofball.

And it all starts out so well. *sigh*
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    It happens to me a lot, OP. I try hard to check for all over dampness, but I don't always find it before I SOTC.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    wild~hair wrote: »
    I have another type of SOTC fakeout.

I go to SOTC, it's very ramen-noodlish at the start, then after doing it my hair is smooth and clumpy, and looks really, really good. I get very excited. It's still maybe 10% damp, but that's ok, I can usually still SOTC fine at that point. I think it's looking great. :thumbright:

Then, slowly but surely, my hair continues to expand ever so slightly, then a little more, then even more, and before I know it, I've got a poofball.

And it all starts out so well. *sigh*
    Yup same thing was happening to me. Now I never SOTC. Whatever ramenish thing is happening while wet is deceiving. If I just LEAVE it ALONE it's fine, in fact what I end up doing most of the time is when it's just about 90% dry I give it a light spritz of lavender mist and it settles back to what I want it to be.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • JenniKSJenniKS Posts: 203Registered Users
    bigredapmi wrote: »
    Anyone diffuse and airdry, feel like they are 100% dry and crunchy on the outside, go to sotc, and find that their middles are still wet? :sad1:

Yep, especially with certain products. I try to make sure I diffuse enough with my hair flipped over. I don't always have the time though.
    Jenn- 3A
    My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    On weekends I am almost always doing premature SOTC. I hate going out with crispy looking hair so I deal with the consequences of early scrunching.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Posts: 355Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    On weekends I am almost always doing premature SOTC. I hate going out with crispy looking hair so I deal with the consequences of early scrunching.

Same here, all the time. I hate it during the week too, but I get so busy working that I don't even really pay attention. The weekend though...like you said xcptnl, I deal with the consequences. :disgust:
    Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
    HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
    ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF