Mama ain't happy

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Feel free to complain here, stressed out Mamas!

I'll go first.

This pregnancy has been very physically difficult with severe pelvic pain and insomnia coupled with chasing a very energetic toddler around and working full time. DH has a very heavy work load right now and I'm kind of crumbling under everything we have going on.

First, we have until April 30 to decide if we are renewing our current lease, and we've been trying to buy a house. Well, the only thing we have seen in our price range that would work for us was, bought out from under us today after we tried 3 separate offers. Nothing new is being listed and we only have two weeks left to decide. So, now we have to ask our landlord for an extension on our lease so we can keep looking and not miss out on the 1st time buyer tax credit that ends in August. Just thinking about talking to her stresses me out, but we really do not want to commit to another year here.

Second, this baby is still stubbornly footling breech, despite all my efforts (chiro, inversions, swimming, so far). I'm so tired that I just want to give up and have a c-section. I just want one less thing that I have to "take care of" if that makes sense. I no longer care how this pregnancy ends as long as I'm no longer pregnant at the end of it. Even though this is my last time, I'm just so done it's not even funny.

Our house is a mess and I cannot physically do my regular cleaning. I have done NOTHING to prepare anything for the baby or for myself after the baby. I still have a ton of things to do at work before my leave starts and I'm too tired to do any of it. I'm outgrowing my maternity clothes and all my nice work outfits have stains on the shirts because I'm so big. The cats are constantly fighting and wanting to be fed and just will not leave me alone after Harry goes to bed. Harry is getting another molar and even though DH sleeps with him, it still wakes me up when he cries and I cannot get back to sleep. Right now, I have a HUGE headache from the last two crappy days of crap that has gone on and Harry has hidden my only bottle of Tylenol somewhere in his toddler mess. I don't even drink when I'm not pregnant, but I could really use a glass of wine right now. And my mommy. :sad1:

Whew! OK, your turn.
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Aw fuzz, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time.

One glass of wine, so late in the pregnancy, won't hurt. I had two glasses last night with dinner and bebe is still moving this morning. ;) Of course, I put ice cubes in it and hubby got all pissy that I was "ruining really good wine," but whatever.

I'm sending you positive outcome vibes with the housing situation. Hopefully your landlord will be sympathetic about your condition and will extend your lease, so you can continue to look for a house.

Good luck.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Many hugs coming your way fuzz; I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. I agree with medussa that one glass of wine won't hurt you or baby. Or, put Daddy on Harry-duty and go out for a few hours. Get a pedicure, prenatal massage, or just get some Starbucks (decaf of course) and curl up with a book.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks, ladies. I was up at 4:45 again today due to molar trouble and couldn't sleep afterward. By 7:30, I was in the shower and by 8, I was getting my haircut followed by picking up bagels and coffee while the boys slept in. I'm determined to make this a better day!

Oh, and I'm not worried that wine will hurt the baby. I just don't drink. Maybe now is the time to start? Any recommendations? :occasion5:
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    fuzzbucket wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm not worried that wine will hurt the baby. I just don't drink. Maybe now is the time to start? Any recommendations? :occasion5:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad to see that you still have your sense of humor!

Have a great day. :flower:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote: »
    Aw fuzz, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time.

One glass of wine, so late in the pregnancy, won't hurt. I had two glasses last night with dinner and bebe is still moving this morning. ;)Of course, I put ice cubes in it and hubby got all pissy that I was "ruining really good wine," but whatever.

I'm sending you positive outcome vibes with the housing situation. Hopefully your landlord will be sympathetic about your condition and will extend your lease, so you can continue to look for a house.

Good luck.
    unsure.gif
    thought that's what you were supposed to do...
    been doing it for years...lol

fuzzbucket...as for a great rec..here ya go..yum-may!
    :D
    http://www.yumsugar.com/557743
    Gotta get the Sangria!

As for my complaining...I've said this before..I don't think I'm cut out for this parenting stuff...
    this is where the wine comes in...

:lol:
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    My whine:
    I took my DS to watch ym DH play volleyball with his league. Everything was fine. DS was playing iwth the other kids & wasn't even wanting to go on the court..... UNTIL.... MY GENIUS husband took him on the court to play with the ball between games. HELLO! Of COURSE he threw a big tantrum when he had to get off the court & of COURSE he wanted to play with the ball and his daddy. So, then guess who had to run off to play volleyball while I got stuck with the screaming, cryign tantrum? THANKS A LOT DAD!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I don't know if Lilly has some more teeth coming in or what, but to say that she is sleeping horribly is such an understatement. I don't know how much collective sleep I have had this week, but 'tis isn't much. We started our day at 6 this morning after being up all night last night. She has thrown hissy fits all day when I have stopped her from doing something that she wanted to do(play in the toilet, play with the toilet paper, mess with the keyboard, go near the tv stand, pull my hair, play with my food as I am trying to eat). To top it off, it's Friday and my husband was supposed to be home 30 minutes ago. He called me a little while ago and told me that he wouldn't be home until late, so to go ahead and eat dinner without him.:sad8:
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    Shelli, that totally sounds like something my DH would do.

Fireycurls, we are teething here too! Everything is a national tragedy when the answer is no.

My gripe of the day is that we couldn't get out to our two house showings today due to teething misery and I got poop on our bed AGAIN b/c I am so clumsy changing DS these days.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    fuzz,
    if it helps any, the tax credit is good until December 2009. house must be bought between Jan 1, 09 and Dec 1, 09.

First Time Buyer Tax Credit
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »
    fuzz,
    if it helps any, the tax credit is good until December 2009. house must be bought between Jan 1, 09 and Dec 1, 09.

We just heard that too. I am so glad! Still, the landlord didn't give us an extension on the lease. So, we are moving July 1, whether we find a home to buy or something to rent. Nothing like more stress at 38 weeks pregnant!
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    fuzzbucket wrote: »
    Windflower wrote: »
    fuzz,

We just heard that too. I am so glad! Still, the landlord didn't give us an extension on the lease. So, we are moving July 1, whether we find a home to buy or something to rent. Nothing like more stress at 38 weeks pregnant!

Sorry to hear about the landlord. Does she already have it rented? Perhaps you can find a small month-to-month rental? So exciting! Hopefully, you will find a house before your lease is up since you have all of May and part of June.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    DD has been sick all week, and so have I. Normally, she's not a whiny girl, but this week...oy! We've been cooped up because she's had a fever off and on and I don't want to expose anyone to her germs but I am completely stir-crazy.

And, of course, DH thought this would be the PERFECT weekend to go on a camping trip with his friend.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Baby won't sleep anymore and it's driving me nuts. Sometimes she'll just sleep off and on for 5 minutes for hours. She wants me to hold her every minute of the day. My older kids want to get out of the house but I'm so beat for only getting 4 hours of sleep I can hardly get my butt out of bed and make sure everyone gets their meals on time... please dear lord let this end soon.
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    shellibean wrote: »
    My whine:
    I took my DS to watch ym DH play volleyball with his league. Everything was fine. DS was playing iwth the other kids & wasn't even wanting to go on the court..... UNTIL.... MY GENIUS husband took him on the court to play with the ball between games. HELLO! Of COURSE he threw a big tantrum when he had to get off the court & of COURSE he wanted to play with the ball and his daddy. So, then guess who had to run off to play volleyball while I got stuck with the screaming, cryign tantrum? THANKS A LOT DAD!

You know, I JUST mentioned this story to my Hubby. I told him about the game and how your hubby let your son play in between games. Then I stopped and looked at hubby, to see his reaction.

Me: So...
    Him: What?
    Me: The problems that would cause
    him: *Looking like a friggin drunk deer in the headlights*
    Me: The kid's gonna be mad when play time is over
    Him: No. He know's it's time for dad to play.
    Me: WHAT!?!

I really think mothers see the world like the robot point of view in movies. Danger scans. Calculating different scenarios and possible results.

Dads: cool or uncool.
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »
    I really think mothers see the world like the robot point of view in movies. Danger scans. Calculating different scenarios and possible results.

Dads: cool or uncool.

So true LOL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file