The Reverse Diet

DeniocDenioc Posts: 36Registered Users
Has anyone ever read the book and/or tried it? Basically, the idea is to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. You'd eat your largest meal (dinner) in the mornings instead of the evenings because your body has more time to burn off the calories during the day when you're moving about rather than sleeping.

Has anyone tried it?
Curls: 3a/3b

Comments

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    I thought that was how everyone was supposed to eat anyway? I've always been taught that since a child, I just didn't know why.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    that is the way people should eat, it's the way we've eaten in centuries past. It's were the large tradtional break fast spreads come from.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    I tried it for about a month a while ago and lost 11 pounds. I ate dinner foods for breakfast, had a salad and fruit for lunch, and had cereal or toast and eggs for breakfast. For me I had to eat dinner food for breakfast because traditionally latino foods are really heavy and rich. Breakfast is just cereal and platanos.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    I did that and dropped weight like you wouldn't believe.

Most people are led to believe that a coffee and pastry or toast and jam are an appropiate breakfast, but I always eat dinner at this time. Meat-Vegetable-Carb, and eat a 'traditional' lunch (sandwhich-fruit-sweet) and eat toast or some scrambled egg whites for dinner.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I tried it for about a month a while ago and lost 11 pounds. I ate dinner foods for breakfast, had a salad and fruit for lunch, and had cereal or toast and eggs for breakfast. For me I had to eat dinner food for breakfast because traditionally latino foods are really heavy and rich. Breakfast is just cereal and platanos.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. I thought it was the quantity of food being referred to, not the type of food. I should try this. Hmmmm.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    AfroD and Mystic~ Did you read the book to know what to eat or did you just wing it?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    AfroD and Mystic~ Did you read the book to know what to eat or did you just wing it?
    I just heard of the diet and sort of winged it. I knew you had to eat a majority of your calories first thing, because then you had all day to burn them and the hardest to burn calories first thing too for the same reason. To me, it sounded like dinner-lunch-breakfast.

I broke it down by: 1,000 calories first meal (around 6ish in the morning) then 700 for lunch (at noon) then 300 at 6(pm) for my last meal.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks! Did you exercise too?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    I belly danced, I wouldn't call it exercise because I had so much fun doing it! I did it about 3 times a week, I used DVDs I got from the second hand book/media store.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    For those of you who tried this- were you actually consuming the same amount of calories both before and after you started eating this way? And exercising the same amount?
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
    Ok, this thread intrigued me, so I decided to start trying to reverse my meals. I also checked the book out of the library.

According to the book, during the "weight loss phase" you are basically supposed to cut out all processed foods. I really just skimmed the book, but I get the impression that in general you are supposed to cut out processed foods, but for the weight loss phase they give you a whole list of "permissible foods." The list isn't horrible, but I don't foresee myself following most if it, I'm just too lazy. I could see how it would make you lose weight though!

So I'm gonna try winging it--I'm going to try to cook more and dramatically reduce my sodium intake. Who knows, maybe I'll end up cutting out processed foods by default (except for M&Ms, of course).
  • DeniocDenioc Posts: 36Registered Users
    Good luck to you then!

I tried this a while ago but I always got too lazy to get up and cook dinner at 6 in the morning. lol. I might try this again.

For those who lost the weight, when you went back to eating regular food, how did you keep the weight off, if you did?

I'm assuming that you'd have to eat more for breakfast than for dinner to slowly adjust your body without throwing all that weight right back on. And exercise more, too. Ideas?
    Curls: 3a/3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file