CurlTalk

Pumice stones?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
Whenever I buy a pumice stone it seems like it works for about a week or two and then loses its effectiveness. I don't know if I have hard water and that's the problem or what. Anyone else find this to be the case?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Maybe all the dry skin is clogging the holes in the pumice stone and making it too smooth to work well? I have a Victoria's Secret stone on a handle that's worked well for years.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I've noticed the same thing with pumice stones. I think the sharp edges around the holes get worn down too quickly to be of much use for very long. I like my callous shaver better.
  • kg91308kg91308 Posts: 327Registered Users
    I've noticed the same thing with pumice stones. I think the sharp edges around the holes get worn down too quickly to be of much use for very long. I like my callous shaver better.

I agree. My pedi-egg (or whatever it's called, you can get it at bed bath and beyond) works very well. I used mine today!
    Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to! :toothy10:
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    I've noticed it as well. I use one of those 4 way thingies. It seems to make them last longer.

I've seen those pedi-eggs at walgreens as well.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    I don't have that problem. I find that the edges of the stone stay abrasive.