CurlTalk

Your favorite home improvement store?

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
In order of my faves:
Lowes
Menards
Home Depot

I will go to Lowes 75% of the time. I really don't like the other two at all, hate the store setup, selection and general "feel". I could spend hours in Lowes, especially the garden area.
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Comments

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    I really try to go to one of the locally owned places before I got to Lowes. There's at least one small hardware and nursery in every town on the way to a Lowes, so I try to give those a chance first. At least they try to help me, and they'll order what I want if they don't have it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Lowe's is my pick too. Unfortunately there are none near me, so I spend more time at Home Depot than I'd prefer.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Home improvement stores are slim pickings around here. I prefer Home Depot, I feel like it's set up more for contractors/builders and Lowe's is set up more for the home owner. In my experience if I have a question the Home Depot employees are extremely knowledgeable about the area they work in and can tell me more than I need to know. At Lowe's the employees I've encountered always know less about the product than I do.

If I don't need something in particular and am just browsing I prefer to go to IKEA :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • hotmustang46gthotmustang46gt Posts: 95Registered Users
    Lowe's is definitely my favorite. I hate the setup at Home Depot and the employees are not helpful at all.
    3b/3c very thick and porous mod-CG since 03/09

• realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    Lowe's is definitely my favorite. I hate the setup at Home Depot and the employees are not helpful at all.
    Agreed.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users

This.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    goldy wrote: »
    In my experience if I have a question the Home Depot employees are extremely knowledgeable about the area they work in and can tell me more than I need to know. At Lowe's the employees I've encountered always know less about the product than I do.

It's the opposite around here. We won't step foot in a Home Depot unless we have exhausted everywhere else. Lowe's is our first choice along with the local nursery.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,466Registered Users
    goldy wrote: »
    If I don't need something in particular and am just browsing I prefer to go to IKEA :)

IKEA is the devil!! :angel12: I have one less than 10 minutes away from me and I try to avoid it but never can!! I go in for one or two things and walk out with a cartfull!!

Damn them!! :P
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,494Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i like the home building centre downtown near me - it's local - Copp's Buildall.

after that, i'll go to a larger Canadian chain - Home Hardware. then an even LARGER one - Rona.

followed by Home Depot. Lowe's hasn't made it to London - yet.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I prefer Lowe's but I will use Home Depot in a pinch.