ugh acne

dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
hey curly girlies,

I have never had really like acne just maybe a pimple then it goes away, then another one comes it goes away. mostly my skin is clear. though when I started CG and using some of the products which make my hair fabulous! I've noticed some increasing acne ugh. I know why this happens, what i want to know is what you do to stop this BESIDES switching products... thanks for the help!!!!!!:wav:
~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)

Comments

• britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    Do you have bangs? If so, perhaps the hair products are getting on your face due to your bangs and then clogging up your pores and causing acne... try to keep your hair out of your face. HTH :)
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

• AmdaAmda Posts: 251Registered Users
    I think at least a bit of your old, sulfate shampoo would've gotten to your forehead, cleansing it a bit (however unintentionally). Maybe try a stronger cleanser to make up for the lack of shampoo run off?
    I've also noticed that my skin is clearer when I use non-CG shampoos, and I've found that I just have to use a slightly stronger cleanser for my face.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
  • SpeedGoddessSpeedGoddess Posts: 118Registered Users
    I didn't notice any difference when I went CG...

However, I used to have pretty bad acne. I went to a dermatologist and got prescriptions for it. My face is super clear now. And on the occassion that I break out, it's not bad AT ALL. The only down side is that almost any acne prescription you git, it's gonna make you more sensitive to the sun, but that's an easy fix. I just use sun screen every day to avoid gitting burned. And you're supposed to do that anyways, but most people don't.

If the CG products make your skin more oily, try using Clean 'n' Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. They're amazing in gitting oil off your face. And whatever you do, do NOT use a moisturizer with oil in it if your face is already oily! Even if you use oil absorbing sheets first.

If none of that works, maybe try a different OTC acne medicine. I think Neutrogena just came out with a personalized system. And I know that Acne Free works for most people. If you consider Pro Active, keep in mind that it has an ingredient in it that literally makes your skin addicted, so when you stop using it or miss a day, it's gonna cause you to break out again. I recommend Neutrogena's or Clean 'n' Clear's spot treatment stuff if you don't want to do an acne system. But you may just need a new, stronger cleanser. I think that was already mentioned.

But whatever you decide to do, you Have To Stick With It, otherwise you won't see any results! And results will take anywhere from 1-6 weeks for most products, depending on what you're using and how bad your acne is. When my brother wasn't sticking with anything, my mom told him something that I think is genious: "It's like deodorant--you wouldn't walk out of the house all stinky, would you?" Well, he would, but that's besides the point! I'm just saying don't expect over night results. That was my biggest problem.

Anyways, I HTH :lol:
    Hair type: 3B

CG since: Dec '08

(Johnson&Johnson No More Tears Shampoo when need help with build-up), Suave Naturals condish, leave some in, LaBella Gel, then out the door!

You only live once...make it count

• curlytreescurlytrees Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Do you wash/ rinse your hair upside down? When I tried the Ice Queen method conditioner got all over my face.. it felt ugh.. and I have a ton op pimples on my cheeks now (I used to have the clearest face compared to anyone else I know)
    If you get CO on your face the whole time like I do try rinsing and stuff in sections (I divide in half) and work with it away from your face.. and use cleanser last! So it gets out any thing that got there. (:
  • booklover13booklover13 Posts: 10Registered Users
    hey curly girlies,

I have never had really like acne just maybe a pimple then it goes away, then another one comes it goes away. mostly my skin is clear. though when I started CG and using some of the products which make my hair fabulous! I've noticed some increasing acne ugh. I know why this happens, what i want to know is what you do to stop this BESIDES switching products... thanks for the help!!!!!!:wav:
    I pretty much have the same prob....i dont have bangs though. I get that one pimple that stands out on my face and it doesnt go away, and i have no hair to cover it up......any advice??? thankies :)
  • booklover13booklover13 Posts: 10Registered Users
    curlytrees wrote: »
    Do you wash/ rinse your hair upside down? When I tried the Ice Queen method conditioner got all over my face.. it felt ugh.. and I have a ton op pimples on my cheeks now (I used to have the clearest face compared to anyone else I know)
    If you get CO on your face the whole time like I do try rinsing and stuff in sections (I divide in half) and work with it away from your face.. and use cleanser last! So it gets out any thing that got there. (:
    Oh yeah picking at pimples and zits makes it stay longer and it gets worse
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You absolutely do not need to switch products!!

www.acne.org is a website dedicated to helping people deal with acne, from the occasional zit to a full-blown cystic breakout.
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    hey everyone I just wanna thank you for all your responds to my question all this advice is sure to help thanks!!!
    :flower:
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

• ManhattanManhattan Posts: 1Registered Users
    I also recommend going to a dermatologist. Mine prescribed me Duac and now I hardly ever get acne.
  • hazelnuthazelnut Posts: 199Registered Users
    I second going to the dermatologist. Or even talking to your doctor. Tell him or her about your situation and I'm sure they'll perscribe something that will clear it up.
    My hair is: 3b-4a, at my shoulders

My goal: To have my hair down to my waist or near my waist by 2012!

My favorite quote:
    Don't be afraid of death... but rather the unlived life. - Angus Tuck in the movie Tuck Everlasting
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    thanks! I am going to the dermatoligist soon!

• curlcutiecurlcutie Posts: 227Registered Users
    when you go to bed at night but your hair up and clip your bangs back so that none of your hair will be on your face at night. I found that this cleared up some acne troubles I was having. Hope this helps :)
    - 2c/3a hair
    - Going to try being a modified CG
    -Herbal Essence Body Envy Volumizing Mousse
    -Pantene PRO-V Curls Gel
    -L'OREAL Paris Curl Boosting, Curl Spray Gel
    -Is hair twins with sarahb1396:toothy7:
    I LOVE MY CURLS!!!!!:love4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file