Is this protein sensitivity or ??

I have been using Sauve naturals green apple as a co-wash and leave-in. Maybe a few weeks later my hair started to be really weird... like there was a buildup and also when I showered with the CO my hair wasn't "slimy" like it usually is it was course feeling, tangly, and overall icky. I tried several baking soda rinses and some lemon juice and it was still bad. I eventually ran out of the Suave so went back to non-CG and my hair is so lifeless :( Could that have been a protein sensitivity or what? If it is a protein sensitivity is there a readily availble product like Suave I can get at Walmart or such?

Thank you!!!

Comments

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Maybe you need a good old sulfate wash and vinegar rinse. Sounds diabolical, but I bet it would help!
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    What are the ingredients of your gel?

Suave Green Apple doesn't have protein in it. If your hair is getting tangly and coarse, it's probably not getting enough moisture. Suave conditioners are great for co-washes, but most of the time aren't as great for rinse-outs (some can get away with it during the summer). If your hair is dry, baking soda rinses and using lemon juice will make it worse, because those are designed to cut down grease (basically by drying you out a bit to normalize things).

I'd find a new rinse-out that is thicker and more moisturizing. It sounds like your hair is very thirsty!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • stormstorm Posts: 204Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ITA with CurlyJenn.. Suave Green Apple doesnt have protein. The Suaves that do have protein i believe are the Vanilla Floral and Tropical Coconut.
    I wouldnt shy away from protein unless i'm sure i have a problem with it. So rather then needing less protein, you probably need more moisture.
    L'oreal Vive pro Nutri Gloss for curly/wavy hair is a good cheap drugstore rinse out.OR for intense moisture once in a while a lot of curlies here love Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and Rosemary conditioner -AOHR for short.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file