Bushisms Link

MegnificentMegnificent Registered Users Posts: 109
I don't know if anyone has posted this link, but these are all actual quotes from "Dubbya." And they are, as always, hilarious....but actually so sad. There are a lot and a new one is added almost every day. I like the one about the importance of "democracy in Germany." HA! Even Hitler was elected! I guess it just goes to show that not every election turns out very well.....
http://www.slate.com/id/76886/?nav=navoa

Please Enjoy!
:roll:
2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
Graham Webb Making Waves gel
jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.

Comments

• katethegreatkatethegreat Registered Users Posts: 801
    Just so you know, I am not what you would call a Bush fan...I'm very, VERY moderate politically....

But it seems to me that if everything a person ever said in a public speech or interview was recorded, there would be plenty of material to make him or her look like an idiot, regardless of who he or she was...

Just my two cents...
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us."
    -Marianne Williamson
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    But it seems to me that if everything a person ever said in a public speech or interview was recorded, there would be plenty of material to make him or her look like an idiot, regardless of who he or she was...

Just my two cents...
    Generally, I would agree with you.

But Bush is extra stupid, truly.
  • MegnificentMegnificent Registered Users Posts: 109
    You are absolutely right, there is plenty of fuel for anyone in a public position. But what we find with Bush is that his quotes reveal ignorance to other cultures, beliefs, values, and even common sense.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • battinlashbattinlash Registered Users Posts: 1,850
    Though Bush was never what you'd call intelligent (his educational and military records will attest to that), he used to be quite charismatic and was a decent public speaker. I'm sure some of you have seen this video before; I think I posted it a few years back:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/147539/bush_then_and_now/

Bush isn't actually stupid...It's more than that. In all probability his years of heavy drinking have turned him into a classic dry drunk. He's not functioning at a normal level compared to a few years back, and he displays most of the symptoms. It embarrasses me that he represents our nation when he can barely string together a coherant sentence.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    tantrum wrote: »
    Though Bush was never what you'd call intelligent (his educational and military records will attest to that), he used to be quite charismatic and was a decent public speaker. I'm sure some of you have seen this video before; I think I posted it a few years back:

Bush isn't actually stupid...It's more than that. In all probability his years of heavy drinking have turned him into a classic dry drunk. He's not functioning at a normal level compared to a few years back, and he displays most of the symptoms. It embarrasses me that he represents our nation when he can barely string together a coherant sentence.

That was fascinating. The man definitely has noticable brain deficits. I wonder if he's abusing substances again, or if he's "just" brain damaged. Either way, he's not fit mentally to serve this country as president.
  • susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    [quote=tantrum;646168
    That was fascinating. The man definitely has noticable brain deficits. I wonder if he's abusing substances again, or if he's "just" brain damaged. Either way, he's not fit mentally to serve this country as president.

BDS rides again at nc.com.:thumbdown: Damn it gets old.

I suspect that Obama's years of substance use have had an effect also. He's a very charismatic teleprompter reader, but man, get him off the cuff and without a speech and he's not too good.

So, I'm outta here.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    I don't think substance abuse of any sort plays a role in Bush's communication difficulties. Were there to be some type of damage secondary to drug or alcohol abuse, it would likely result in problems surrounding planning of the speech sounds, not the planning of the thought. Bush's father had the same kind of style: short sentences that weren't always grammatically correct or coherent. Neither would qualify for speech-language therapy services in the schools because the difficulties are more like annoyances, not a disability. Obama OTOH has difficulties that fall more in the category of fluency or stuttering. Like a classic person who stutters, he is more fluent when he has the opportunity to memorize and practice what he's going to say (Winston Churchill stuttered and James Earl Jones does - amazing huh?).
  • curlygirl81curlygirl81 Registered Users Posts: 127 Curl Neophyte
    tantrum wrote: »

wild~hair wrote: »

Just my two cents...
    Generally, I would agree with you.

But Bush is extra stupid, truly.

Although it's not generally said, an observance of George Bush speaking shows him to be dyslexic. And for him to have overcome such a disability and have reached the office of President of the United States is nothing short of astounding. As for his educational record - he has a Harvard MBA, and his military record - he was a fighter pilot (one of the most difficult of military achievements), he shows an intelligence far beyond most.

However, because he is a Republican he's called stupid, and laughed at by a bunch of cruel children for something that cannot be helped.

If he was a Democrat, oh well. . . then the outpouring of compassion for the tremendous odds he overcame and the lofty heights he achieved all on his own with staggering forces against him and yet he still succeeded . . .etc, etc, barf, barf, barf.

So, let's hear from all you compassionate souls, you know, all of you from the Party of Peace, the compassionate, loving, anti-gun, anti-war, anti-hate liberals who think it's okay to make fun of someone's disability because he doesn't think like you do.

Can you just for once, throw off what you've been told to think and find some genuine compassion in your hearts? Or is that entirely too independent?

I don't agree with a lot of what Bush says or does, but even as a child I didn't make fun of someone else's disability.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    However, because he is a Republican he's called stupid, and laughed at by a bunch of cruel children for something that cannot be helped.

If he was a Democrat, oh well. . . then the outpouring of compassion for the tremendous odds he overcame and the lofty heights he achieved all on his own with staggering forces against him and yet he still succeeded . . .etc, etc, barf, barf, barf.

Nah, if he were a Dem, the Republicans would be calling him stupid. Fair's fair.

Luckily we don't seem to have too many stupid people over here in Demland.
  • curlygirl81curlygirl81 Registered Users Posts: 127 Curl Neophyte
    wild~hair wrote: »

Nah, if he were a Dem, the Republicans would be calling him stupid. Fair's fair.

Luckily we don't seem to have too many stupid people over here in Demland.

Your outpouring of compassion overwhelms me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file