One Step CO Wash

aprilwavesaprilwaves Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi Ladies, I am new to this board and fairly new to CO washing. I have been using WEN Fig CC for a few months and have decided to do the CO washing in a more "cost effective" way. I am wondering if anyone here does a one step co wash? I guess one of the main reasons I kept using WEN was because it was only one product and I am really wanting to do the same with the cheapie conditioners. I've purchased Suave Milk & Honey, Aloe and Clarifying conditioners and VO5 Kiwi Lime to try. I also have a multitude of Jessicurl conditioners in my shower.

My hair is thick 2 and 3a/b wavy/curly and color-treated.

If you do the one step co wash, what are your faves? And even if not, what are your current cheapie favorites?

Thanks Ladies!
2 & 3 a/b Waves & Curls - Thick & Color-treated
Modified CG - CO Wash Suave Aloe/Jessicurl Aloeba
Reason Why I started CO Washing: "If my hair feels dry when it's wet...something's got to change."

Comments

• betweenshadesbetweenshades Registered Users Posts: 130
    do you mean that you just co wash and don't condition?

The logic behind reapplying the conditioner is that the cowash conditioner has been broken down and infused with dirt and oils. But, if your hair is fine without the 2nd conditioner application, then more power to you. :)
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • teela1978teela1978 Registered Users Posts: 278
    I never do a 2nd conditioner and mine usually looks alright. I like suave aloe a lot for cheapie condish myself, but I've never had much of a problem with any cheapo stuff unless it was loaded with protein (crispy!).
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't do a 2nd condition either. Suave coconut is my all time favorite, but my hair is happy with any Suave or VO5 conditioner.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Registered Users Posts: 529
    I condition after co-wash only if ive used a clarifying formula or added lemon juice. The initial co-wash is sufficient...especially if its done daily, (unless you use styling products). My current faves are Suave Aloe and V05 Tea Therapy. I add a bit of water to the V05(s) to boost cleansing and lessen conditioning.

others:
    V05 creamy fresh peaches, honeydew smoothie, kiwi lime
    Suave milk & honey
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
  • Leilani42Leilani42 Registered Users Posts: 200
    I love the Suave Naturals Aloe condish. My hair needs a second CO after the wash, but I use the Suave for the wash, and then my One Condition after that. I love the Suave... it's $1.59 for a big bottle, so you can use a handful of it without feeling like you're wasting money. And it has a wonderful clean scent. I was using the Citrus Smoothie, but I like Aloe a lot more.
    2c/3a-M-i
    modified CG since July 2004.
    searching for products that work...
  • lynnc72lynnc72 Registered Users Posts: 13
    I always use the 1 step process. But I use my homemade condish made with honey.
    Lynn
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    teela1978 wrote:
    I never do a 2nd conditioner and mine usually looks alright. I like suave aloe a lot for cheapie condish myself, but I've never had much of a problem with any cheapo stuff unless it was loaded with protein (crispy!).

why would there be a problem with a conditioner "loaded with protein"?
    Im just curious because i purchased the v05 balsm&protein conditioner and plan on using it...i just dont want on over moisturized head or worse
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • CurlyMom73CurlyMom73 Registered Users Posts: 123
    Some people have a problem with proteins building up and making their hair fuzzy or crispy. Some have even said they get breakage. It only happens to me on occasion and saturating my hair with baking soda and water spritz after I initially get it wet gets the buildup out.
    Corkicelli Now! YAY! Now all I have to do is update my avy pic. :)

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."- Albert Einstein
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't add conditioner a 2nd time (tho I add a dab to my gel if my hair is feeling dry, especially in winter).
    My favs -
    Suave coconut (my all time fav)
    VO5 kiwi lime, tangerine tickle, raspberry
    Back to Basics pomegranite peach
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    I don't add conditioner a 2nd time (tho I add a dab to my gel if my hair is feeling dry, especially in winter).
    My favs -
    Suave coconut (my all time fav)
    VO5 kiwi lime, tangerine tickle, raspberry
    Back to Basics pomegranite peach

doesnt your gelee turn white or something when you mix it with conditioner?
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
    Not with the gel I use, LA Looks Sport. It mixes beautifully.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file