CurlTalk

The Duggars are going to be....Grandparents!!!

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Dabbler
Oldest Josh and his new wife Anna... are expecting :)

~d
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Of course they are. I'm sure Josh will have even more than 18 children since they're starting so young. No one in that family knows how to earn a living other than in a reality show.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    Good for them!
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    Of course they are. I'm sure Josh will have even more than 18 children since they're starting so young. No one in that family knows how to earn a living other than in a reality show.

IF that is true...that is sad. What happens when the show goes away?
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Dunno...That's not news to me. It's like saying water is wet.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users

Based on some of their business ventures, this doesn't exactly seem true. They actually seem to make rather wise business and financial decisions.

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Dunno...That's not news to me. It's like saying water is wet.
    HA! Yeah, I don't understand why the family keeps announcing their pregnancies and why people are so amazed. They've made it clear that they're against birth control of any kind, and Anna(?) is young and recently married.
    Eres o te haces?
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    The Duggars are part of a creepy cult offshoot of Christianity known as the Quiverfull movement. The idea is that children are God's "arrows," i.e. soldiers in the coming war between Christians and infidels. A Quiverfull woman's only goal in life is to "sacrifice her body" by bearing as many children as possible. There are no options for her except to be a stay-at-home mom in a near-constant state of pregnancy. Even the rhythm method is off limits. Needless to say, this places a huge financial strain on most Quiverfull families.

Quiverfull families tend to follow the "neo-patriarchy" movement, as well. That is, the husband is the head of the household and the wife should not assert her opinions in any way, nor even harbor thoughts that disagree with her husband's decrees. They also practice a bizarre form of historical revisionism. According to them, even the Jamestown colonists were pious missionaries. They also hold a lot of ludicrously prudish beliefs. For instance, it is highly immoral for a woman to wear pants, or to apply chapstick in the presence of a man.

Based on some of their business ventures, this doesn't exactly seem true. They actually seem to make rather wise business and financial decisions.

Sure...deciding to pimp out their kids on TV was very wise. :roll:
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users

I agree-in fact I believe Josh owns his own car dealership
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
    Mar wrote: »

How did he get that at 21 years of age with no education? Proceeds from the TV show?

And is buying a car dealership in an era when cars no longer sell really the smartest investment?

How did he get that at 21 years of age with no education? Proceeds from the TV show?

And is buying a car dealership in an era when cars no longer sell really the smartest investment?

As someone who home schooled her own child for a period, I'm surprised you'd consider a home schooled child 'with no education.'
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    The father was as state senator for a time and I've heard that the family has NO debt. I'd say that they are pretty good at handling their money.

I don't believe in their lifestyle, boy howdy are they nuts, but they didn't get a reality show until relatively recently, after like 14 kids.
    *Cricket* wrote: »

As someone who home schooled her own child for a period, I'm surprised you'd consider a home schooled child 'with no education.'

I consider him as not having an education because he didn't go to college. Not because he was homeschooled for his primary education.

Well,it's a used car dealership,so U think that's a pretty good idea, and he graduated from HS-yeah,homeschooled-but passed nonetheless(we don't know how smart these kids are do we?)
    They have only been on TV for a few years,they were self sufficient before that.

I don't get why they piss everyone off so much.

-Mother Theresa
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    The father was as state senator for a time and I've heard that the family has NO debt. I'd say that they are pretty good at handling their money.

I don't believe in their lifestyle, boy howdy are they nuts, but they didn't get a reality show until relatively recently, after like 14 kids.
    Yes, and when they got on the show they were living in a tiny rental house (like 3 or 4 bedrooms). The house they had been building was only finally completed when they show offered to pay for it to make a show out of it. They might have always been "debt-free," but they weren't living anywhere NEAR as well as they do now now that they have their own show.

And Josh owns his own business (and house) because daddy gave it to him, which is fine, but let's not pretend that it's something he's worked for and earned.
    Eres o te haces?
    KookyCurl wrote: »

It was 13 kids, and they were living in a tiny rental 3 bedroom ranch house prior to their TV fame.
    I believe the house was built and paid for,but TLC DID offer to decorate it-and why not?
    All kinds of people go on TV for free stuff:)

Josh worked for his dad before getting his own dealership.

-Mother Theresa
    I don't get why they piss everyone off so much.

I guess because they spawned a society littered with people like The Octomom and John & Kate Plus Eight.
    *Cricket* wrote: »

I consider him as not having an education because he didn't go to college. Not because he was homeschooled for his primary education.

Many successful people have not attended college and are able to support their own families, as well as run their own successful businesses.

Mar, I don't get it either. If it's such a problem then don't watch them, don't read articles about the, and ignore threads about them.
    I believe the house was built and paid for,but TLC DID offer to decorate it-and why not?
    No it wasn't. It was maybe halfway built when they made the deal. Which I think is great. If Discovery is going to get ratings from them then the family should charge whatever they can get. It's the disingenuous "debt-free" talk that's annoying. They have what they have because people like to watch what they consider to be freak shows, not because of any realistic financial decisions they've made (by realistic, I mean that very, very few people get to make money from being on tv. It's not a realistic goal).
    Eres o te haces?
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Why are there so many big-family programs on TLC? The Duggars...Jon and Kate Plus Eight...Table for 12.

The experience is interesting...but that interesting?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    I just don't get these families with all of these kids, but if there is an audience for the TV programs, how can you blame the families for taking advantage of that? There's obviously a market out there (somewhere) for it.

ETA: I don't think the Duggars had all these kids to profit from reality TV. In the case of the Octomom, I think her decision is based on the hope for $$$, along with a hefty dose of the crazy.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    legends wrote: »
    No it wasn't. It was maybe halfway built when they made the deal. Which I think is great. If Discovery is going to get ratings from them then the family should charge whatever they can get. It's the disingenuous "debt-free" talk that's annoying. They have what they have because people like to watch what they consider to be freak shows, not because of any realistic financial decisions they've made (by realistic, I mean that very, very few people get to make money from being on tv. It's not a realistic goal).

Agree with all, esp. the bolded.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users
    I've watched some shows and the ones I've seen have never been clear about where they get their money from. They talk about living debt-free, but you need money to live debt-free. And even if you live frugally, that number of children will still be very expensive.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    The Duggars are part of a creepy cult offshoot of Christianity known as the Quiverfull movement. The idea is that children are God's "arrows," i.e. soldiers in the coming war between Christians and infidels. A Quiverfull woman's only goal in life is to "sacrifice her body" by bearing as many children as possible. There are no options for her except to be a stay-at-home mom in a near-constant state of pregnancy. Even the rhythm method is off limits. Needless to say, this places a huge financial strain on most Quiverfull families.

Quiverfull families tend to follow the "neo-patriarchy" movement, as well. That is, the husband is the head of the household and the wife should not assert her opinions in any way, nor even harbor thoughts that disagree with her husband's decrees. They also practice a bizarre form of historical revisionism. According to them, even the Jamestown colonists were pious missionaries. They also hold a lot of ludicrously prudish beliefs. For instance, it is highly immoral for a woman to wear pants, or to apply chapstick in the presence of a man.

Yikes and a half.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »

Yikes and a half.

Dayum....no wonder this woman has essentially been pregnant and popped out a kid every year for the past 20 years.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    I know my mind shouldn't go here, but I can't help but wonder if she even enjoys sex, or is it just a biological function. I'd venture to guess that I know the answer.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »

Yikes and a half.

Dayum....no wonder this woman has essentially been pregnant and popped out a kid every year for the past 20 years.

:laughing7:
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    I think I've seen one or two episodes of their show and I swear I'm like :shock: every time they show all those kids.

The last episode I saw was when they were preparing for baby 18 and picking out bedding and carseats and the mom said something like "It's a little sad but really important that we do all this preparation because this baby could very well be our last baby. At 42 my child bearing days may be over..."

Trying to speak something into existence are we Michelle? She's probably hoping her child bearing days are over.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    let me first say that this whole thing creeps my out....

I believe she did use BC at one point. I think she links it to her miscarriage and therefore stopped using it.