Obama's Brother Denied UK Entry

ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7995544.stm

Obama brother refused entry to UK

Barack Obama's half-brother was denied entry to the UK after being accused of a serious crime on an earlier visit, the Home Office has confirmed. Samson Obama, who lives in Kenya, was on his way to the US presidential inauguration in January when he was stopped at East Midlands Airport.
According to the News of the World, fingerprint tests linked him to an alleged sex attack on a British girl.
He was questioned but not charged over the incident in Berkshire, it added.

A Home Office spokesman said Samson Obama was denied a visa after immigration officers noticed one of his documents was false. That led them to further inquiries.
Samson Obama, who runs a mobile phone shop outside Nairobi, had been planning to make a short break in the UK on his way to Washington.
He eventually took a connecting flight to the US without formally entering the UK.
A UK Border Agency spokesman said in general, Britain would oppose the entry of individuals where their presence was "not conducive to the public good".
Samson Obama is one of several half-siblings of the US president.
Barack Obama Sr left his son when he was two years old and lived most of his life in Kenya, where he fathered a number of other sons and a daughter with three other wives. He died in a car crash in 1982.
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Eh...so what?

I don't think anyone cares about Obama's siblings. He wasn't raised with them, doesn't associate with them, and he hasn't afforded them special treatment just because he's POTUS.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    misspam, check your pm.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Eh...so what?

I don't think anyone cares about Obama's siblings. He wasn't raised with them, doesn't associate with them, and he hasn't afforded them special treatment just because he's POTUS.

Ditto. What she said. People are always looking for something that will make someone look bad, especially if they don't like them. In this case, it's the president. A lot of people have embarassing or unsavory relatives, it doesn't make them the same type of person though. I'm sure as long as he's the president, this type of thing will keep happening until he's out of office, and then probably even after. Like RedCatWaves said, he doesn't even associate with those people, so what is the point of even mentioning this?
    Eh...so what?

Ditto. What she said. People are always looking for something that will make someone look bad, especially if they don't like them...

A lot of people have embarassing or unsavory relatives, it doesn't make them the same type of person though.

Ah! So henceforth we'll apply the same standard to Sarah Palin, no?
    Scarlet wrote: »
    Eh...so what?

Ditto. What she said. People are always looking for something that will make someone look bad, especially if they don't like them...

A lot of people have embarassing or unsavory relatives, it doesn't make them the same type of person though.

The difference is that Palin does associate with the lowlife relatives. They practically all live with her in the governor's mansion. The baby-daddy was living there.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    misspam, check your pm.

got it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The difference is that Palin does associate with the lowlife relatives. They practically all live with her in the governor's mansion. The baby-daddy was living there.

Do you have a source for that claim?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misspam wrote: »

The baby-daddy himself said it in one of his recent interviews.
    misspam wrote: »

The baby-daddy himself said it in one of his recent interviews.

It sounds like another case of "he said, she said" because I have seen where Sarah Palin denies Levi's claim of shacking up with Bristol in the Palin home. I guess if one dislikes Sarah Palin, then one is more apt to believe Levi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandatoryfunmandatoryfun Posts: 878Registered Users

I'm not sure if that's the real difference in this comparison. Talking about Obama's half-brother is almost like projecting the crime onto Obama - his relatives are capable of it, so he must be, too. This is of course a ridiculous accusation, even when it comes to Palin. As far as I'm concerned, Levi Johnston is a low-life, and regardless of whether he was living with the Palins or not, I'm limiting that judgment to him alone just because we, as third party observers, can't really know. Honestly, though, we don't need to look to Palin's "unsavory relatives," since she herself is unsavory for a variety of reasons. Most obvious would be Palin's Troopergate, which was widely considered an abuse of her powers.
    CG since 07/26/09
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Would love to know the OP's motive in posting this....
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »

Ditto.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, and the whole PM nonsense.

Junior high flashback.
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Yeah, and the whole PM nonsense.

Junior high flashback.

awww....are you regressing to junior high now? ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Um, it's a news story and this is the politics forum. I'd love to know why no one else's motives for starting threads are questioned.

Oh and as for the pm, pam and I do pm and I knew she would open this thread.
    But what's political about the story?
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    But what's political about the story?

+1. Apparently it's a case of guilt by association, or in this case (since they don't associate), guilt because they've got the same father and the same last name.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    So, it would make you feel better had this been posted in the general discussion forum? Or should anything even slightly critical of anyone or anything even remotely associate with Obama not be posted at all? We've had threads about every minute detail of Levi Johnston and his family, yet the POTUS brother being denied entry into the UK is no biggie? That's some double standard.
    I'm just asking questions. What's political about it? For example, the Obama puppy news is posted in non-hair. Do you see the puppy story as different in nature from this? If so, how and why?
    There was a thread about Michelle Obama's clothing in the political forum, yet that wasn't questioned. Is that political? How and why?

I posted a topic about Malia and Sasha dolls in the political forum, and that wasn't questioned either. Why not?
    I do think Obama's brother's legal troubles are political fodder and deserve to be discussed. I'm just saying I don't think it will stick. I don't think anyone will really care, other than those trying to pin something on Obama. Obama doesn't seem to try to curry favors for his half-siblings, while Palin DOES try to pull strings for her family...as evidenced by her Trooper-gate scandal.
  • Hermoine™ Hermoine™ Banned Posts: 35Banned Users
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7995544.stm

Obama brother refused entry to UK

Barack Obama's half-brother was denied entry to the UK after being accused of a serious crime on an earlier visit, the Home Office has confirmed. Samson Obama, who lives in Kenya, was on his way to the US presidential inauguration in January when he was stopped at East Midlands Airport.
    According to the News of the World, fingerprint tests linked him to an alleged sex attack on a British girl.
    He was questioned but not charged over the incident in Berkshire, it added.

A Home Office spokesman said Samson Obama was denied a visa after immigration officers noticed one of his documents was false. That led them to further inquiries.
    Samson Obama, who runs a mobile phone shop outside Nairobi, had been planning to make a short break in the UK on his way to Washington.
    He eventually took a connecting flight to the US without formally entering the UK.
    A UK Border Agency spokesman said in general, Britain would oppose the entry of individuals where their presence was "not conducive to the public good".
    Samson Obama is one of several half-siblings of the US president.
    Barack Obama Sr left his son when he was two years old and lived most of his life in Kenya, where he fathered a number of other sons and a daughter with three other wives. He died in a car crash in 1982.

That's not really his brother.
    Natural(Bio)Skin:Type I/Fair DrytoNormal;FRECKLES;NoAcne
    Natural(Bio)Hair: 1c3cd4atoz ComboHair DrytoNormal
    StillQueen ofThe Waifs DespiteThisFunky Tan (See CPD)
    Goddess Hair & Skin RecipeBook (Devotee)
    i-Shoppe™: OCF Health & Beauty Depot/i-Shoppe
    http://www.onlinecliniqueforum.forumotion.com
    :wav:
    There was a thread about Michelle Obama's clothing in the political forum, yet that wasn't questioned. Is that political? How and why?

I posted a topic about Malia and Sasha dolls in the political forum, and that wasn't questioned either. Why not?

Okay, good point. The clothes and dolls aren't political. They should have been questioned and I was wrong not to do it. How is the brother's story political and even newsworthy?
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I find the story odd. I don't think it is newsworthy, but nowadays, the press covers the politician's family. It would seem more interesting if it were someone that he knew, for instance, his half-sister Maya (sp?). He grew up with her and considers her family. He only met his father maybe twice in his life and met his father's family once during the presidential campaign. They're probably more like strangers than family to him. Most people don't even realize that he has other siblings, or at least I didn't.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is relevant because Obama is secretly muslim and planning to take over the world not for Christian Good, but for Muslim Evil, and Lucifer is the leader on His chariot to Hell.

Also, if your father is a Muslim and is a polygamist because his culture and country allowed him to do this, AND if your brother is a child rapist of the British variety, surely this must mean that Obama is creating a polygamist cult in the White House with Michelle and her mother (note: mother in law lives in the White House. This is strange!). I would also closely watch Malia and Sasha for abuse. And British girls, especially the pretty white ones.

elventy!!!111

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »

elventy!!!111

Ha!!
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file