Wavies need outlet

MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
Hey! The topic called "The Woes of A Wavie" in the "General Discussion About Curly Hair" forum is really taking off. Since the 2a, 2b, and 2c forums don't do very well independently, I think it would be really great to have a "General Discussion About Wavy Hair" forum! Is that feasible?
2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
Graham Webb Making Waves gel
jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.

Comments

• lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    I agree! A wavy forum would be great. If I want to find information about wavy hair or what other wavies recommend, right now I have to search through and/or post to several forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Great idea! Maybe the 2a,b,c forums could just be combined 8)
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    This is a great idea. The 2 forums don't get enough traffic to really make them useful right now. If they were combined, I think a wavy forum would be a great resource for us.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    Any ideas, Gretchen? :?:
    2a-3a

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    My first inclination, frankly, is why? We created the hair type forums by member request; I'm not sure why they're not being used. Should I just combine the 2s into one forum?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    I'm not sure why they are not being used, but it may have to do with wavy hair having multiple sizes of waves and curls and wavies may not know which one they fit in to. Most wavies list multiple hair types in their profiles.

I just know that a lot of us have found the "Woes of a Wavy" discussion in the general discussion board more helpful. And since the curly girls have the hair type forums in addition to the "General Discussion Abour Curly Hair" forum, some of us wavies would really appreciate a "General Discussion About Wavy Hair" forum.

I don't think that I am in a position to say whether or not the hair type forums should be taken away, though. It would just be nice to add a general forum.
    2a-3a

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Gretchen wrote:
    My first inclination, frankly, is why? We created the hair type forums by member request; I'm not sure why they're not being used. Should I just combine the 2s into one forum?

Why- the traffic that the wavy catecories get with the subdivision is splintered; and, I would say that is just due to #'s. I for one am grateful that you created the categories per our requests; and, thank you for it. My personal preference would be to see the 2's combined, but, either way I am happy for the wavy categories :D
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    Well, there don't seem to be a lot of 2a's in the world. It would be nice to hear more from them. Maybe they just aren't posing to the 2a board?
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • frizzbombfrizzbomb Posts: 56Registered Users
    I don't know why the 2's get so little traffic but the "woes of a wavie" post was really helpful and forum for wavies would likely take off.
    Extremely fine 2b/3a. My frizz has tamed considerably but, I still have my "moments."
    Currently liking:
    TJs Nourish, Set Me Up, Curl Keeper and Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana deep fix.

password: wavy
  • Way WavyWay Wavy Posts: 117Registered Users
    As a wavy newbie, I totally agree that a general forum combining all of the 2s is the way to go. I agree that wavies have a hard time typing their hair into one category (mine, for one, seems to change types daily!) and it seems that no matter what type of wavy you are, we share the same hair challenges.
  • funkymunkycurlfunkymunkycurl Posts: 83Registered Users
    I think wavies' hair that varies from day to day and it's hard to type. My ahir one day will look like 2A and the next be 2C. This seems to be the general consensus.
    Formerly known as colomunky.
  • cornflower5cornflower5 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I support a General Discussion of Wavy Hair forum. I think there are different issues and different products and different techniques than with the curlies (which I sort of am, too). Sometimes when I post in the General.. Curly forum I get exactly what I ask for, help with curly hair, but mine isn't exactly curly, at least not all the time. :? I end up having to do a search and then reading and reading until i find something that applies to a wavy.

I have no opinion about whether or not to combine the 2a 2b 2c forums or introduce an entirely new forum.
    2c/3a
    Back on sulfates and cones! HE TTwisted Condish, HE Color Me poo, Curls Spiral Curl Cream, sometimes Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier.
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    I'd love a general discussion about wavy hair forum. I've had problems even when I post on the 2b board about getting advice on my hair from 3a's and above. It would be nice to filter that out a little. I know that there are similarities between the hair types, but products and regimens that work for a true curly may not work for me heavy for me. I think you'd get more traffic at a general board.
  • csbcsb Posts: 225Registered Users
    Double post.
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    i like the idea for a general wavy forum also. it would build more traffic. Part of the reason I don't post on the 2's too much is i'm not 100% sure if i'm 2b or 2c
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • OctoberBaby02OctoberBaby02 Posts: 105Registered Users
    I think that having one wavy forum is a great idea. I don't go on the other wavy boards often because it's harder to get a reply. Wavies vary so much that separating them is kind of confusing. It would be nice to just have one forum to bring all the wavies together.
    |~*~Carly~*~ |24 yrs old|Type 2C hair|
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ok. There's now a "2" forum.

I moved all the threads from the 2a, 2b and 2c forums into it, as well as the "woes of a wavy" thread. I deleted the 2a, 2b and 2c threads.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    Thanks. It's hard to say if this will be a good or bad thing.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Awesome, thank you :)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file