Looking for hair cut ideas...

SisaSisa Registered Users Posts: 759
I've had the same basic cut for a while now... I'm kind of bored with it.

It's mid-lower booty length, and slightly tapered at the sides.

I've had lots of hair fall out due to PCOS, so I no longer have thick hair to play around with layers and such, but the tapering works alright.

I have an appointment next week, and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

This is what it looks like now:

a759f328.jpg

That was taken a few years ago, but it's still the same cut.

Proposed haircut #1:

c0aa6192.jpg

Proposed haircut #2:

2367895d.jpg

Proposed haircut #3:

8e002607.jpg

Proposed haircut #4:

312631d7.jpg

I don't have a good photo editing software, but you get the picture. :wink:

The first two are waist length (cut straight, and then tapered), and the second two are bra-strap length (also cut straight and tapered). I'm not willing to go shorter than bra-strap length at this time. (Scared! :shock: :lol: )

I'm also open to any other suggestions you may have that don't involve cutting much above bra-strap length.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I like #4.

• Curly1908Curly1908 Registered Users Posts: 192
    I like #4.

I agree, but with one exception. I REALLY think you should get some face framing [long] layers at the front.
    Yay for Kinky-Curly Custard!
    mostly 3c with patches of 2b, 3b, and 4a
    Nappy...and oh-so happy :)
  • SisaSisa Registered Users Posts: 759
    Curly1908 wrote:
    I like #4.

I agree, but with one exception. I REALLY think you should get some face framing [long] layers at the front.

Layers concern me because of the hair loss... I don't want them to look silly, and I think thick hair is a requirement. They always looked fine when my hair was 3 times as thick as it is now.

That's why I propose (and currently have) tapering. I have pieces that are chest-length at the front, tapering to booty-length at the back. That doesn't show up in the "before" pic, 'cause I wasn't asking my stylist for it then - I'm pretty sure the "before" pic is a blunt cut grown out a bit.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I also like #4 best.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    You have gorgeous hair that would look good at any length. I prefer the tapered cuts.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    You have gorgeous hair that would look good at any length. I prefer the tapered cuts.

Me too! My favorites are #4 and 2. Ditto on face framing, long layers.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    I like 4,too.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • OmalorrieOmalorrie Registered Users Posts: 25
    Does your hair get curlier when some of the weight is trimmed off?
    Have Fun!
    Lorrie
    3b to 3c,shoulder length in back, shorter on top until it grows out
    http://photos.yahoo.com/omalorrie
  • ~915~~915~ Registered Users Posts: 519
    I prefer numbers 2 and 4. Whatever you choose, I like the oval shape, as opposed to having it cut straight across.
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Registered Users Posts: 678
    I vote for #4 but I also think a little layering would look nice.

You have beautiful hair!
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
    Omalorrie wrote:
    Does your hair get curlier when some of the weight is trimmed off?

Yes, it does!

See the little ringlets on the ends of the "before" pic? That's what it does more and more the shorter it gets.
    #4 is getting a lot of votes...

I think I agree with you all. I may get it somewhere beween #2 and #4, with shorter pieces (starting around shoulder length?!) around my face.

Do you think that would work?

Cutting hair is scary, but I don't want to be stuck in a rut, either...

8)
  • betweenshadesbetweenshades Registered Users Posts: 130
    I would love to see it at BSL. I think your hair would look awesome and your face would totally shine!

You and your hair are beautiful! :)
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Another vote for #4 with layers. Your hair doesn't look too thin for layers to me. You have gorgeous hair :wink:
    Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday...

It was day #3 of the straightening, so it's getting fuzzy / reverting. I didn't have access to a camera the first couple of days.

84c0eaf3.jpg

29e1434a.jpg

Seeing this, it confirms that I am over-due for a new cut. This is just looking tired and boring. Long and pretty, yes, but tired.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions! 8)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file