Fuzzy and defined curls

starrynightabhstarrynightabh Registered Users Posts: 83
First, I wanna thank everyone for being so nice (I love this site!). And, I realize that my hair is really odd. No matter how much gel I put in it, my curls are defined and at the same time, have a fuzzy layer around them. I dunno if anyone understands what I mean. I think maybe I have a lot of damage? Does anyone else get this? Can anyone recommend a conditioner or something?
3b/3c/4a african-asian mix. Using: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Suave coconut condish, Aveda Sap Moss products, fantasia IC gel, some phyto products.

Comments

• x_tigerlilyx_tigerlily Registered Users Posts: 432 Curl Neophyte
    I get this a lot too. I'm starting to think it's just part of my hair type. I found nothing truly gets rid of the frizz...but there's always stuff to help calm it down.

What do you use for conditioner right now? Do you do any deep treatments or oil treatments? My hair really likes coconut oil and olive oil occasionally.
    3C/4A and too long to handle (and afford!)
  • *Ani**Ani* Registered Users Posts: 351
    I have fuzzy hair too...and I like it.

I dont like the perfectly defined look....over-gelled look...it looks too close to a jheri curl to me.

I like nice fluffy, fuzzy big hair.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • Miss DoglaMiss Dogla Registered Users Posts: 102
    I think fuzzy hair is cute!
    My 3C / OS / silky-cottony / Afro-Indian hair loves: H2O, honey, olive oil, Suave Coconut and pretty much the entire line of Curl Junkie products!
    Another thing too. Some people might be sensitive to protein in their conditioners and that might cause it. I also find when I'm hair has a lot of build up, it looks frizzy. Like today, I had horrible build up, and I had to shampoo. I thought it would make my hair a mess but my hair looks very nice and bouncy.
  • starrynightabhstarrynightabh Registered Users Posts: 83
    well, i use neutrogena shampoo and conditioner with their deep treatment mask. but i'm thinking of switching to no-poo or something of that sort. I dont like the jerry curl look either, but it bothers me when fuzz stick straight up on my head and I start to think that maybe my hair is just really damaged.
    3b/3c/4a african-asian mix. Using: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Suave coconut condish, Aveda Sap Moss products, fantasia IC gel, some phyto products.
    How often do you shampoo?
    well, i try to shampoo once a week, although i have to wet my hair frequently. i actually flat ironed my hair a lot during the winter months.
    btw, your hair is very pretty, nice body and shape. the texture is almost like my hair.
    Thanks. :)

The flat ironing might do it. I personally hate flat ironing/blow drying straight now, even for one special night. It makes my hair not so nice for like a week.

Maybe you could try adding some olive oil to slightly damp hair and let it soak in (with a shower cap on) for an hour or so. Do this like a couple times a week. That might help.
  • NaturalRemedyNaturalRemedy Registered Users Posts: 371
    Yea I have the fuzz too. I'm learning to get used to it. I try not to comb so much, it keeps the fuzz down.
    Mostly 3c and lovin' my curls

This is not a fashion trend, it's not a statement, it's pride for who we are and what we look like. And that is where our true beauty shines.

http://public.fotki.com/cocoalily/
  • solangesolange Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    I am finding that CK ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]) does an amazing job of smoothing my curls and eliminating frizz.

I got a trim from my regular stylist on Friday and she asked me right away what I was doing differently because my hair looked so good :D
    3C, BSL Unstretched -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file