What's the worst lie you've told ...

oingo-sproingooingo-sproingo Posts: 144Registered Users
to get out of work (or school or other huge commitment)?

I'm too embarassed to admit the doozies I've told in the past!! :oops:

ETA: I had a final option of "Other -- pls. explain if not too embarassed" but it wouldn't let me have another one. Hmph.

2nd ETA: WORST lie, not worse. Duh.
Formerly agk

*All 2s and 3A (hair has been wonky lately)
*Currently enjoying Elucence MBC, Abba Nourishing, Giovanni Vitapro, Abba Gel-Lotion, Redken Spin Control
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    I was at my boyfreinds house with his entire extended family, meeting most of them for the first time and I was a good hour late to work, so I told them my car broke and I had to tow it to the shop then wait for them to give me a ride to work...(BMW does that too) it didnt work though and I was fired :) But it was worth it, boyfreind looked out for me and told my boss what happened and I got my job back. (Probably the only time dating a guy at work benefited me)
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    My job has combined vacation and sick time (Paid Time Off) so I don't have any reason to lie. In school, I was always the one pretending to be healthy when sick so I wouldn't miss school!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    My job has combined vacation and sick time (Paid Time Off) so I don't have any reason to lie. In school, I was always the one pretending to be healthy when sick so I wouldn't miss school!

Yep! One of the few work perks of teaching is that if you need it, vacation time and sick time are included, plus holidays, spring/winter breaks (at least), and summers off. Anyone who needs to lie with all of that legitimate time off probably should just not work. :lol:

This is my first year taking any vacation - two days for my sister's wedding and one day to go on a field trip with my daughter.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm too honest...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This is SO stupid....the last job I had was 20 years ago ;),one day I had a fight with my husband and I was really upset.
    Rather than tell my boss that story,I said I fell down the stairs :oops:
    What a dork :P
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    I'm too honest...lol

Liar!

winking0020.gif
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I once said I had stomach flu to get a day off from work. It was the only time I ever did that. I felt very guilty.

I know. I'm boring.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file