Anyone use Black or Red Henna from Golchin (brand name)

chibchachibcha Posts: 1Registered Users
I went to my local iranian (mediterranean) grocery store and found henna from Golchin. They have two different kids Black and Red.

I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this brand? The package does not say anything else, so I can't tell if the "black Henna" is a mix of Henna and Indigo. Or is henna with PPDs.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I were you, I would go to hennaforhair.com and really read up on it and get some form there or the hennasooq.com. Then test to see what color you like.
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ITA. Unless you know for certain that it's plain, unadulterated henna, I'd be afraid of it. There is no such thing as black henna, clear henna, etc. - there's just henna. Black henna would have to have at least indigo in it, if not PPD or other things.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • capaRezzacapaRezza Posts: 33Registered Users
    oops, wrong thread! goodluck though :-P
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Posts: 579Registered Users
    I checked out the Golchinproducts.com site (I think that's what it was) and it looks like they're some kind of spice distributor. They had pics of both hennas and, I mean, they *look* right -- the black henna looks like green powder, close to what a blend of indigo/henna would look like. The red henna is a somewhat odd golden color.

That said, instead of ordering and crossing your fingers, I'd recommend just doing what poster above mentioned and get it from somewhere known. I've only ordered from hennaforhair, but I checked out hennasooq and it looks like they're considerably cheaper. Obviously, I can't compare quality, but just a heads-up. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file