Frizz vs Curls

ChiggletChigglet Posts: 12Registered Users
After i shower, and do my whole 'curls routine', when my hair dries, my lower layers of my hair are lovely and perfectly curly, but my top few layers turn into out-there disgusting tangled stringy curly fluff!! It looks really stupid and makes me fuss over my hair for AGES!

Does anyone know how i can stop this from happening??!
- Celeste, Age 14, Australia.
:blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:
Hair Type: 3a - 3b
Currently Using:
* Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner (purple bottle)*
* Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative Gel*

Member since March '09

Comments

• maggie000maggie000 Posts: 28Registered Users
    This happens to me as well. I think it is because the outer layer gets more affected by the weather. I'm from Australia too and the humidity in the summer and the dry cold in the winter makes the outer layer of my hiar look shocking.

The only advice I can give you is to be VERY generous with any hair products you use after you have washed your hair. I scruntch in mousse with my hairtipped over my head. Then more mousse when my hiar is upright. Then sunsilk curl booster and no frizz balm (buy it from coles, its quite cheap and works really well. Its in the greenish blueish bottle)to my hair when it is upright, mostly just to the top layer to eliminate frizz.

The curls will still be more perfect in the under layers of your hair, but plenty of product will help LOTS. If the frizz is just too bad to be seen with and you dont have time to have a shower, try gathering your top few layers of hair and most of your hair at the front and making a bun of ponytail at the back with it. The curls that will show will be the under curls and they look soo good!!
    kindo of like this http://www.women-hairstyles.com/images/half-updo.jpg and http://prom.hairresources.net/PromHalfUpdo6.jpg

If you put a fun hairclip or cute headband it will make it more of a casual hairstyle.

here is what the curl balm looks like so you can find it in the shops easily: http://img.myshopping.com.au/resize400//cache/231666904.jpg

I hope this helps
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    sunsilk has cones girls. this will require shampoo to take the cones out of the hair. all this shampoo really is anyway, is a harsh wash, and it damages your head, to produce your oils, like don't go washing your face with laundry detergent, our skin is gentle. the hair products have been tampered with, they have made a problem. the real trick to avoid frizz isn't to use silicones to keep hair in place, but to let your natural hair oils allow your hair to move to its own true shape.
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    I sort of have the same problem. I've noticed that the canopy of my hair is more porous and has an all over different texture than my under layers. So, I think for me, I have to figure out how to treat both. Also, maybe you could try running a little bit of a 'cone free gel over your canopy to calm the frizzies.
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• maggie000maggie000 Posts: 28Registered Users
    Johnboy wrote: »
    sunsilk has cones girls. this will require shampoo to take the cones out of the hair. all this shampoo really is anyway, is a harsh wash, and it damages your head, to produce your oils, like don't go washing your face with laundry detergent, our skin is gentle. the hair products have been tampered with, they have made a problem. the real trick to avoid frizz isn't to use silicones to keep hair in place, but to let your natural hair oils allow your hair to move to its own true shape.

Maybe some Sunsilk has cones, but I checked the one that I mentioned earlier and I'm positive that it dosnt. It works really well for my hair!

Buying cheaper products like sunsilk is risky, most of them arn't that good for you hair. The product I mentioned earlier works well for MY hair. This does not meen that it will work for your hair. I agree that you should buy products with no silicones to let your hair move into its true shape, but buy applying plenty of the no-cones product your curls will stay in tact and not turn into frizz.
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    and remember for the frizzies, too much shampoo is not good. condish girls, condish. and double check the sunsilk products, they might have cones, i think the cones actually make frizz:tongue:
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
  • ChiggletChigglet Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thanks for the advice haha :)

Yeah i am not using any 'poos and am using herbal essences totally twisted condish..... And Special Effects Curl Booster fixative gel... but the gel wont really help the frizzies, it just makes em look better. Like, all the curls are seperated into lil spazo curls and it fluffs out HUGELY!

also i recently had my hair coloured and it helped make my hair stronger and moister and stuff.. i recommend it :D
    - Celeste, Age 14, Australia.
    :blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:
    Hair Type: 3a - 3b
    Currently Using:
    * Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Conditioner (purple bottle)*
    * Special Effects Curl Booster Fixative Gel*

Member since March '09
  • eriNICE09eriNICE09 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I too have the same problem with my top layer of my hair being frizzier then my under curls. The under layers of my hair are spiral curls but not too tight but the top layer of my hair is frizzy and wavyish. The Truth of it all is is that the top layer of hair is usually not as curly or pretty for anyone. What I do actually is try layering products dont be afraid to do it, I use redken smooth down shampoo and conditioner although i switch a lot cause i find my hair gets used to it.

Otherwise i use Redken Glass serum, What i live by is this curl gel spray from Garnier its like a hairspray that i spray on when i get out of the shower and when its first drying it may seem crunchy but once it completely dries the curls expand and they turn out soft and frizzfree for the most part. If thats not enough try spraying it on first when you get out of the shower then when its still fairly damp spray your hair over again. Be generous the first time but not the second.

Main thing to be careful that when you ahve all that product in ur hair make sure when u get out of the shower really dont touch it much at all because the hair is sort of sticky and will stick to ur hands pulling the hair out of place on top causing it to frizz up even more.

The other sad truth of it is since no ones hair is really curly on top to keep my hair loking natural i sometimes just fix a few pieces in the morning before i go out with my spiral curling iron from conair. Its cheep and it looks like a curling iron with a spiral going up it. It makes absolutely perfect curls. Only curl a few and dont hold it in for too long and whne u do pull down the curls a little too keep them looking natural.

I hope this helps I always keep experimenting with curl and frizz free prodcuts because thats what bothers me the most. I can deal with not curling sometimes but the frizz drives me up a wall during the summer. Always feel free to message me because I can tell u other products that work and which don't I have a pretty good selection.
    If you want just ask I can send you pictures of my hair, many styles and natural to when i have it fixed up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file